Notices

Day 4 and feeling good

Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 and feeling good

I feel pretty lucky that both times I have quit drinking I haven't gone through physical withdrawal. Perhaps it is because for the most part I have been a binge weekend drinker that was able to clean out my system during the week.

I was however worried that this time would be worse as I have been drinking pretty much on a daily basis since Thanksgiving. The only real issue I have to figure out is how to deal with the blues. Even after several years of sobriety, I was still depressed frequently.

Once I mentally prepared to quit, which I did for about a month beforehand, I can and will succeed. I can just never again be fooled into thinking that I can drink in moderation.

For those of you who may be considering that experiment, don't do it. At first it feels like you can control it, but before you know it you're as bad if not worse than the time before.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good job on four days sober! Keep moving forward.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days.
That was always the toughest day for me. Looked better, felt better and the anxiety of the last drunk was gone. But, you're making and you sound strong.
You may be depressed over some underlying condition. It may not even be the booze. Might be worth getting checked out. There's good anti-depression drugs out there.
I know I masked my mental illness for may, many years with drinking. Once I quit and got on meds no more symptoms.

Best to you and keep on posting : )
Old 01-09-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes