Notices

Energy???

Old 01-08-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Energy???

I'm on day 14 -- 2 weeks clean!!!!!!! I'm feeling pretty darn good so far but my lack of energy is HUGE as expected. My question is: has anybody who has detoxed and suffered lack of energy found a vitamin, supplement or herbal remedy that helped get their energy back on track??
I'm gonna try vitamin b12 but was wondering if there was anything else that works, too?
Thanks so much :-)
Old 01-08-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jdre View Post
I'm on day 14 -- 2 weeks clean!!!!!!! I'm feeling pretty darn good so far but my lack of energy is HUGE as expected. My question is: has anybody who has detoxed and suffered lack of energy found a vitamin, supplement or herbal remedy that helped get their energy back on track?? I'm gonna try vitamin b12 but was wondering if there was anything else that works, too? Thanks so much :-)
I'm taking a really good multi vitamin from the Heath food store. The vitamins are from vegetables not man made stuff. I have heard that the ones you buy at Walmart and stuff don't work. They cost more but I think they are worth it. Also I take the Emergency packets. A b12 will be good but I would also go to a organic store to get those also.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think the best healer is time. We really do a number on our bodies and minds in active addiction - give yourself tome to rest heal and recuperate Jdre

If you think a supplement might help, it's best to check with your pharmacist or Doctor to make sure you're doing the right thing for your individual case.

D
Old 01-08-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yup, time, rest, good healthy food, lots of water and did i say time? if you are going to consider supplements, go slow....it's always a good idea to talk to the doc first. just remember as with drugs there was no instant fix, neither is there any in recovery. we gotta work for it, or at the very least WAIT for it!!!

congrats on 2 weeks. just keep doing that!
Old 01-08-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I ditto about giving yourself the time to heal. Congrats on two weeks! That's awesome!