Notices

No bottles to hide!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No bottles to hide!

First night without booze. Had been drinking nightly for a week straight. Sneaking around the house hiding bottles all over, making excuses to sneak off somewhere, just pathetic. First night in a week without having to hide bottles. Feels really good. Just need to keep it up and hope this backache stomachache and scratchy throat goes away soon. Hiding travel size bottles in my suits - just pathetic. I can't do this anymore. Thanks for listening and always being there friends.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you! Not having to hide bottles, cans, roach clips, pipes, papers, stashes, pills, powders, tinctures, various plant materials, gas cylinders, blotter paper, etc., etc., etc. is a HUGE relief to me. I think it's freed up about half of my brain. That being said I'm still finding bottles and such I squirreled away around the house over the years. Scary!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I really relate to the hidden bottle routine. Good job on the first night.
Onward!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day one, MightyFlea
Old 01-07-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MightyFlea21 View Post
First night without booze. Had been drinking nightly for a week straight. Sneaking around the house hiding bottles all over, making excuses to sneak off somewhere, just pathetic. First night in a week without having to hide bottles. Feels really good. Just need to keep it up and hope this backache stomachache and scratchy throat goes away soon. Hiding travel size bottles in my suits - just pathetic. I can't do this anymore. Thanks for listening and always being there friends.
It's not so much pathetic as normal for an alcoholics. We're alcoholics. We drink and then feel like crap about it. Just make it an old chapter of your life and make the best out of what you still have.

There is only doom and gloom at the bottom of a bottle.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I use to hide bottles all time too. My fiance would keep stumbling onto my hiding places and I would have to find new ones. Under the bed, in the hamper, in the top drawer, in the closet, in the garage, oh the list goes on. Feels good to not have to hide but old habits die hard, I still get a surge of fear when he looks under my bed for something.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

Yeah, same here. I had bottles in every room, outside in brush piles, in every coat in the closet, behind books on my shelves, in the tool boxes in my truck, and I even did the buying handles to secretly refill the fifth on the bar top. I still have no idea why I put myself through that. I had myself convinced that I was protecting my wife from having to worry about me by drinking in secret to make my publicly consumed amount seem "normal." It's good to remember just how pathetic I was when I believed my own lies about being in control. Good luck! I can honestly say that aside from marrying my wife, it was the best thing I ever did or could ever do.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Magsie

Well done MightyFlea congratulations on your first night without booze
Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's soooo nice to not have to worry about finding all my hidden bottles and disposing of them before company comes over. I never quite got the hidden bottle thing. I hid bottles and I lived by myself! It was such a relief, although baffling when I heard other alcoholics talk about doing the same thing. All that energy finding the perfect spot. Sigh...
Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LOL - I love it, hiding bottles from yourself! All that energy is right. I used to forget to check behind the couch, chair, closet etc when I'd sneak a beer open with my BF after a night out, and the next morning he'd find it. Doh, how embarrassing. I'm from Milwaukee originally, west coast now.

X!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I had a clear out of my cupbards when I moved and still found a few empties at he back years later. Clearly I am not domestic goddess It was a weird feeling x