Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day 1/5/14

Old 01-04-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day 1/5/14

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day

Have I turned to a Higher Power for help? Do I believe that each man or woman I see in A.A. is a demonstration of the power of God to change a human being from a drunkard into a sober, useful citizen? Do I believe that this Higher Power can keep me from drinking? Am I living one day at a time? Do I ask God to give me the power to stay sober for each twenty-four hours? Do I attend A.A. meetings regularly?

Meditation for the Day

I believe that God's presence brings peace and that peace, like a quiet-flowing river, will cleanse all irritants away. In these quiet times, God will teach me how to rest my nerves. I will not be afraid. I will learn how to relax. When I am relaxed, God's strength will flow into me. I will be at peace.

Prayer for the Day

I pray for that peace which passes all understanding. I pray for that peace which the world can neither give nor take away.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 01-04-2014, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say Thank You to Carlotta for helping me.

Also, this prayer for peace that passes all understanding has been one I had been praying and here it is the first night of me posting again. Coincidence? I think not. I embrace and claim it as a confirmation of my powerlessness and God's promise to restore me to sanity.

And thank you to everyone that helped me two nights ago, when I relapsed. Thank God, I dumped the booze and did not continue into the next day.

Just completed two days clean and sober, and I feel so much better.

I need to be here, and so am thankful that I have a place to come.