Notices

Twenty-Four Hours a Day 01/04/2014

Old 01-03-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Twenty-Four Hours a Day 01/04/2014

A.A. Thought for the Day

Have I admitted I am an alcoholic? Have I swallowed my pride and admitted I was different from ordinary drinkers? Have I accepted the fact that I must spend the rest of my life without liquor? Have I any more reservations, any idea in the back of my mind that some day I’ll be able to drink safely? Am I absolutely honest with my self and with other people? Have I taken an inventory of myself and admitted the wrong I have done? Have I come clean with my friends? Have I tried to make it up to them for the way I have treated them?

Meditation for the Day

I will believe that fundamentally all is well. Good things will happen to me. I believe that God cares for me and will provide for me. I will not try to plan ahead. I know that the way will unfold, step by step. I will leave tomorrow’s burden to God, because He is the great burden-bearer. He only expects me to carry my one-day’s share.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not try to carry the burden of the universe on my shoulders. I pray that I may be satisfied to do my share each day.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can really relate to this one. Reading this I feel I have and the prayer for the day is just what I need.

To be satisfied and content with what I have done, rather than wasting my energy looking back hoping to create a happy ending but to instead look forward to new beginnings.

It really is out of my hands.