Notices

Slipped up

Old 01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kys

Slipped up

I've been going well lately and of all the days to slip I drank on New Years Day!

I was looking forward to starting the year nice and fresh and now I'm just bummed out about it, having negative thoughts like 'it's not as great to start on the 2nd' etc. I know it's AV, but still very easy to get caught in the loop and buy into it.

Happy new year everyone.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Kys, regroup and go at it again!! . . . the most important thing is not having a catchy sobriety date, but instead the view that every day is just another day with the same opportunity to be Sober!!
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

Forgive yourself and this time do it differently. It's just a slip, not a major crime. 2nd of January 2014 is a glorious day to start sobriety, should you wish to do so!

Good luck!!

Old 01-01-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is easy to get caught up in all of the hype....maybe next time you can have a more solid plan on how to keep yourself busy during these type of tough times. Glad you are back here right away!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kys Happy New Year too you. My thought is everyday is a new beginning. As I laid Sober in bed a few hours before midnight, last night. Of all things and it makes me chuckle, I was explaining to my Boxer Dog. That every day is a new date that we will never see again. And today; the month, the number and the year just happen to change. What ever day you decide to obey Sobriety's promises will be the best day of your life, that's a promise. I try not to count days anymore. All though I do take a peek every once in awhile. Start and Stay Sober my friend. You can, if you really want too. Peace...
Old 01-01-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's a tough time but you don't have to drink tomorrow. Good luck and happy new year xxx
Old 01-01-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Make tomorrow your last day one ever.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whats done is done Kys
You can start a new chapter anytime
Old 01-01-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kys

Yep, I really REALLY need to shake this 'having to start on a certain day' thing and trying to make things so measurable. Good advice above guys, makes me feel a bit more human about the whole thing.

I'll have to face this kind of thing again I'm sure, but right now I'm back and sober. I've been dating someone new who hardly drinks which is a nice bonus too, it's at least a big help in these early days of sobriety
Old 01-02-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'll admit I don't know my actual sobriety date off by hand, I do have it marked on a calender though, which I take a look it at on occasion to see how far I've come, also I go back and read my SR posts from that time, it was a random weekend in November when something had to give.

All I know is, I didn't drink alcohol yesterday, woke up fresh this morning, and have no intention of drinking alcohol today, these are the important things!!