Notices

36 hours, so far so good!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

36 hours, so far so good!

Good morning. Its been 36 hours since I last drank and so far so good. During the night I woke up every hour or so but was able to fall back to sleep right away so it wasn't that bad. This morning I was having crazy dreams. I dreamt that I was drinking mixed drinks (weird since I always drank beer and shots) really early in the morning. In the dream I was sitting outside by some train tracks feeling really guilty that I was drinking. When I woke up I felt really good that it was only a dream! This morning Im going to call to schedule my assessment at a IOP center and go to my first meeting in a long time this evening. I have been wanting to start the process of recovery for so long and it has been killing me inside, literally and figuratively. It was always Ill call someone tomorrow, Ill go to a meeting tomorrow. The problem was tomorrow never came. I finally took a deep breath and got the ball rolling. Its like a giant weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I am nervous and excited at the same time, I know its not going to be easy but being free from the grips of alcoholism that has cause me nothing but physical, emotional and financial problems will be well worth it. Its awesome knowing theres so much help and support from local programs to communities like SR available to those that seek it! I really appreciate all the great advice, support and shared experience I have received from you guys so far and this is just the beginning!
Old 12-23-2013, 07:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Well done, DJ. Yeah, lots of people have the weird dreams. x
Old 12-23-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on deciding to sober up, life will only get better for you.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done! It's so worth it, a sober life is a happy life!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on making the decision to be sober, you'll find plenty of support here on the Forum!!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done on starting your journey. Take inspiration and guidance from those on here with the experience to help. I did and do . Good luck with it I am sure you will look back at this thread in the future and recognise it as the point you took control back.