Notices

In a right state

Old 12-20-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

In a right state

I know we're not meant to ask for medical advice but any tips on how to get over this horrific bender would be good. Spent all night last night awake and puking relentlessly. Managed to get to chemist for electrolytes and anti nausea pills this morn so the vomiting has stopped. Still can't sleep and throat red raw. Haven't eaten anything in 3 days and have to get to work at 7 am tomorrow morning or I'm seriously gunna loose my job. My house looks like a bomb went off and I've managed to upset everyone who loves me again. All this is me drinking at that same guy again. Found out on Sunday he came off his motorbike and nearly died and didn't want me to know as he has new woman. I've got to stop this madness he obviously doesn't care and I'm killing myself over it. I know it's madness. Anyway tips appreciated on how I can get some food down and get better fast.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Seiceps View Post
I know we're not meant to ask for medical advice but any tips on how to get over this horrific bender would be good.
No medical advice. How about advice for preventing the next one?
Old 12-20-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That sounds good too : (
Old 12-20-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do you have a plan as to how to move forward and stop drinking? I hope you can begin to accept that your ex has moved on. You don't need to cause yourself anymore pain.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

That sounds good too : (
You know the answer. Quit drinking.

How? That's the million dollar question. I don't what you've tried, but is rehab out of the question?

Regardless of the method, if you expend half the energy on your recovery that you expend on fretting about your ex, I think you will have some measure of success.

Get well, learn to love yourself.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please see a Dr if you feel poorly Seiceps.

The only other advice I can give is go back to whatever you were doing for your recovery - and forget this guy.

I'm sorry...I know it's painful but it looks like he's moved on, big time.
you need to move on now too.

D
Old 12-20-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

In the last two weeks I went to aa for a week. Decided I didn't like it. Didn't drink for a week. Started drinking again slowly. Then total bender for last week. I know I need to move on. It just seems so unfair that he gets to leave me this drunken woman after being violent , cheating on me , leaving me with two kids and no money and move on ??? I know how pathetic I sound. I just want someone to pick me up and look after me. And I know that has to be by me. I'm seeing an nlp councillor , I can go back to aa I guess. Suck it up and get on with my life and enjoy my kids ??? Be kind to myself. I'm just sooo tired of everything. Tired of letting everyone down.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

It just seems so unfair that he gets to leave me this drunken woman after being violent , cheating on me , leaving me with two kids and no money and move on ???
Resentment can really hold us back, I think.

What about looking at it this way - you're better off without the loser, and you deserve better...why not start treating your self better, the way you wish other people treated you?

The sooner you can lose drunk you, and reconnect with the real you again, the sooner healing can start...and then who knows whats in your future, seceips?

D
Old 12-20-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Spent all night last night awake and puking relentlessly. Managed to get to chemist for electrolytes and anti nausea pills this morn so the vomiting has stopped. Still can't sleep and throat red raw. Haven't eaten anything in 3 days and have to get to work at 7 am tomorrow morning or I'm seriously gunna loose my job.
Tho I can see this doesn't seem to be about your self care rather than the guy who's upsetting you, I'll bite.

When I was so sick that I could not hardly stand it, I was prescribed some things to help my stomach. OTC things that helped was that motion sickness stuff... I take it due to vertigo/menier's disease.
It does help with stomach issues. Easy foods like cereal, bananas and eggs also helped. Ginger ale. Anything with ginger in it.

As far as betting yer life on another person...I've got nothing. My experience has been that the less I focus elsewhere, the better off I am. In regard to love stuff.
I am sorry you're feeling so set off by things.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Lovely, I am so sorry you're going through this again.

But, as others have said...this man IS NOT WORTH IT. I know it hurts, I know it's massively insulting, I know it's damn unfair. But none of it is worth killing yourself over. All that drinking and sickness is not going to do a damn thing but make you feel worse.

Try as hard as you can to get some food down. Easy foods like Lethe says above.

Get back to AA if you want (I didn't like it either for the first month and it took some switching around and also, most importantly, me deciding I was finally done drinking), and put some distance between yourself and this jerk.

Your girls need you. Do not let this man have one more second of power in your life. As hard as it is to see now, if and when you put some real distance between the two of you, this horrible emotional rollercoaster will stop. I was very close to where you are a few years ago so I know a bit of what you must be feeling right now. And I know how I feel now and wish like hell I had stopped months, if not a year, before I did. I don't have kids but I did have an ex like yours. There's no fixing him...there's only fixing you.

Feel better, darling, and please keep posting. If AA doesn't work out you know there's always someone online here.

xoxo
Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

What Dee said, especially the last bit. Something great could be around the corner, you only have to peep to check it out
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please get yourself to a dr if you need to and do whatever it takes to get sober. Be it inpatient, counseling, aa or all of them. You deserve to be happy. I didn't know if I did or if I ever would be but sobriety has given me a self worth and inner peace I never even imagined. I stuck it out in the beginning because people on here and in the rooms of AA showed me it was a lot more pleasant where they were standing. And I was so lost I put allllll my faith into complete strangers. I don't regret it!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It just seems so unfair that he gets to leave me this drunken woman after being violent , cheating on me , leaving me...

It sounds like leaving is the best thing he's done for you!
Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Seiceps, you are hopefully feeling better by now but your health is on shaky ground if you are this ill. If your job is at risk, if your body is spewing out the poison and you haven't eaten for three days you've got some major warning bells.

When the warning bells were clanging for me I made one decision: sober or bust. I didn't worry about anything else but not drinking one day at a time. I lived on SR all my non-working hours in those days and it worked. Then all the other problems -- my relationships, work, my health, my house all started to get better because I stopped drinking.

Perhaps you could start this Christmas week to give yourself the best gift of all?