Notices

Still here

Old 12-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still here

Still here but on day 4....after last Wednesday's brief bust, and a good and positive day 1 the Thursday, I then drank again - but nearly all day, and twice the amount - on the Friday.

Felt terrible as expected on Saturday, but managed thank God to get to my women's meeting, the Sunday meeting and yesterday's (Monday).

I'm extremely tired most of the time each day, and experiencing a great deal of brain fog. Some of the fatigue - and I mean deep fatigue, massive bouts of yawning, tired eyes, and just having to stop what I'm doing to sleep - is caused by emphysema; some from what it is, clearly, putting my poor body and brain through repeated bouts of the drinking / detox roller coaster at intervals all this year. Ditto for the brain fog.

Still....I'm here. Sober and intending to stay that way today.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on

WooooOOOoooo

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-02-2013, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks M! Have to go back to bed - it's only 8 a.m., been up since 5.30 (on the dot every day for months, arrgghgh)But most mornings I have to go back to bed at some stage. And again sometime in the arvo. 'Tis what it is.

Back later.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back again Vic - hopefully as you rack the days up you'll feel better and better...maybe sleep in a bit more too
Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good to see you here again and still working at it, Vic. Hope the pup's well!

June
Old 12-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back trying again. Never give up!
Old 12-02-2013, 11:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeah, Miss Bess is great as usual. Just got back from giving her a charge around in the dog park (have I mentioned that before??? :-) I have a VERY simple life :-)), stocked up on some food stuffs. Now back home - it's cooled down a bit now, though still humid prior to an expected / possible thunderstorm. Bring it on - I love thunderstorms though of course Madam gets scared.

Seeing my GP Thurs morning to follow up my visit two weeks ago. Long appointment needed, what with coping with multiple conditions. As if alcoholism and its aftermath isn't bad enough! But I try to take strength from the others around SR who also have other medical problems, both acute and chronic. I need to get in there more often to such threads, to add support.

The meetings I've been to this past fortnight+ have all been wonderful. Something - many things - there to take away, though I frustratingly forget most of it quickly (a common problem I've heard!) Still, I reckon that the mere act of making the effort to GO, chat to people a bit before or after - though far too wrecked to do any after's today - and sit listening attentively...somehow, the sum of it seems greater than the parts. It's oddly calming in ways that I didn't feel very often last year - when I had much longer sobriety overall.

I find it important for me anyway to just have those places to go to each day; just getting out of my pretty restricted daily life and hang out hearing powerful stories of people who've been there and / or are still battling like me....clearly it's what I need to just go with.

I try to not dwell too much on the irritating bits of AA (for me). Just listen to the stories.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes your last sentence saved my butt years ago and a bit today. I call it accepting the things (mostly people) I can't change.

When I was bouncing around I heard, but didn't realize it, KEEP COMING and when I got sick and tired of being sick and tired the plug finally got put in the jug for good. I now know that going to many meetings and getting very active also helped me immensely.
A great benefit for me was touring your beautiful country and getting acquainted with your meetings.

BE WELL