Notices

Sober night 2, but drunk in a dream

Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober night 2, but drunk in a dream

Oh wow....What a relief to wake up without a hangover after having a dream that I totally blew it and was drunk at a high school reunion!! I didn't realize I was drunk until a classmate said, "Are you feeling okay?" I thought about his question and realized I was drunk, then remembered I joined SR and that I blew night 2! I felt so miserable and defeated in the dream, but then I became lucid and realized I was dreaming, so I exited the dream right away. With a sigh of relief, I found my true reality to be me in bed, successfully sober. At least it was a good reminder of what I truly do not want to do and how I'd actually feel if I did drink--depressed, defeated, anxious, miserable, ashamed, weak.... I want sobriety!!! Into day 3 I go with some extra motivation from a dream.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It's so weird how many of us have these dreams.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I had a drunk dream last night, too. Dreamed I got drunk and was fighting about my drinking with my wife. I was glad to wake up from it.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have also had dreams like yours and woke up in a panic thinking I had drank. Thank goodness they were just dreams!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quitting alcohol can be a wild ride when the dreams kick in . . .
Old 11-26-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Drinking dreams are pretty common, lunalight - but they will disappear in a little while

D
Old 11-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

yes I too have awoken from a dream with a fright because I had been drinking in the dream and realised it so woke myself up ....scared the shite out of me after 4 years sober was I still susceptible...YES and I knew it to wake myself after realising that I actually had an alcoholic drink in my hand up to my lips was like heck what have I not sorted out why am I drinking in my dream??...My sobriety is always in jeopardy of relapsing to the booze and I know I do not want that in my life anymore I like whom I am becoming... I like ME....I am an alcoholic and will be for my entire life I just refuse to be a practising alcoholic anymore...I still look at alcohol and I taste it without actually doing so...the flavour was intoxicating alluring....yet now I know it also is crippling for me to do again....strength in numbers keep reading this is heart warming to see so many like minded people sharing familiar recalls of days gone by...and living.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've noticed at four years sober the times I have drinking dreams is when I'm under a lot of stress. I'm just glad to wake up and realize it's all a dream.