Notices

sober recovery chat/ online meetings = awesome & im greatfull

Old 11-19-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober recovery chat/ online meetings = awesome & im greatfull

I'm very thankful to have finally found this site!!!
I had tried an AA meeting online once before this and i had a really bad experience the two guys in it as soon as i logged in were really confrontational and asked me all kinds of crazy and random and mean questions that made me feel so uncomfortable so i logged off and never went back to that site and now 2 weeks later after that experience I found this site, I love the forum's the profiles we can have the blogs and the chat was pretty good and tonight im trying out the meeting for the first time!!! I'm pretty sure I will like it. I have liked everything else about this site so far so thank you so much for who ever made this site i love it and am very thankful. Also any support for anyone is absolutely welcome i do need some extra support. My father is one of those older type that believe addicts have a choice to just stop right now and never use again and its not that easy its a little harder than that. You have to work at it and put effort into not using again. It is actually easier to put effort into not using and staying away from drugs than it is to go out everyday and chase the high and poison!!! Also any comments welcome and as i said b4 support is welcome too!!! Thanks for reading i appreciate it so much and i hope any and all of my post help anyone and everyone. and even if it only helps one single person i hope i can at least help one person i would of course love to help and inspire everyone every where !!!! <3 another fellow recovering addict
Old 11-19-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this site has been helping me so much! its so different than other sites where everyone asks "i took sub 5 hours ago, how long until i can use again"? i hate that
Old 11-19-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Hi

I think you will like the meeting here. Opi is a sweetheart and does a great job facilitating it and the people who attend are very nice and supportive.
Just FYI, it is not really an AA meeting and does not follow the AA format. Opivotal or whomever is facilitating it will meet everyone in the general chat room and from there you go to the meeting room where there is a recovery topic to be discussed.
Welcome aboard
Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome brittnicole524! We'd love to have you join us for our meeting. So happy you're enjoying SR.

Thank you for your kind words Carlotta, you're such an inspiration.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad to hear your great comments about Opi and the Chat Room. I know it's a great resource for recovery.

And, you're right Brit, you do need to work at recovery and it's not as simple as deciding to just stop.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

D
Old 11-19-2013, 04:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR from a fellow Buckeye.