Notices

Newbie - 3 - days w/o wine

Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie - 3 - days w/o wine

Hi
Just discovered this site while googling giving up wine - which I did Sunday - I have a crazy stressful life - 2 disabled kids and a hubby who drinks a lot and friends who all drink a lot....I was drinking a bottle of wine a day and if there was another bottle 1/2 that or if no wine was left 2 beers - it guaranteed a good night sleep -I like the relaxed feeling. It's just not healthly and i know its affecting my health and making me gain weight AND yes I'm afraid my dependency is turning into the A word.... I am happy to have found a site for support.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Welcome. You will find great support here x
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR 3daysfree, it sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate. Read as much on here as you can, you will get some great help and advice from people X
Old 11-12-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! I'm glad you found us and joined the family.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome 3daysfree, this is a really supportive place. I'm glad you have joined us.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi 3daysfree. I used to like the "relaxed feeling" that I got from drinking, just like you. Unfortunately, over the last few years, that relaxed feeling usually turned in to a hammered feeling. Followed by an anxious feeling. Followed by a hung over feeling. All of which was wrapped up with a whole bunch of guilty feelings. Forget the alcoholic label for now. Your post makes clear that your alcohol use is affecting you in a negative way. So, why not commit to taking a break for a month or so? If you do, you will notice some very significant physical benefits and you may just find that you don't WANT alcohol in your life anymore.

Whatever you decide, I am glad you have joined us here at SR. Welcome.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome to S R, 3daysfree,
Old 11-12-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on a great start. I am sure you know it may not be plain sailing when you are trying to quit but if you can stay with it you will see all the benefits the sober life has to offer. Please keep reading and posting on here as I am sure this will help you. All the best
Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hello 3 day newbie. I just joined today so I'm 2 days behind you! What you wrote speaks volumes to me. I drank a bottle and a half last night, and have been marking my calendar….seems like the last night I didn't drink was 2 weeks ago. Realizing this morning, that the alcohol had a hold on me, I've decided to give it up for the month. I am afraid to say "forever". I need a support system that is not AA because I don't have time to make meetings. I am so happy I found this website. Thank you all for being here.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

3Days, I'll be watching out for you. I'm one day behind you. I offer my hand if you just need one to hold here and there. After 35 years, this is going to be a real adventure.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome 3DaysFree and NewGirlFriday! I too was a 1 1/2+ bottle of red wine daily. Thought I never would be able to stop for more than 10 days or so. I don't miss it at all. And for me pass-out sleep was not good sleep. I always woke tired and feeling like crappola... So glad to not be in that cycle anymore!

Please stick around and post and read as much as you can. SR is a wonderful site and is my #1 recovery tool.

Best to both of you! xxx
Old 11-12-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome 3daysfree

I know you'll find a lot of support and understanding here - welcome!

D
Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

3daysfree

SR is an integral part of my recovery along with AA, Alanon, and nicotine cessation.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Day 4 $ saved at least 48.00 on 4 bottles and not sure how many calories!

Thank you for the lovely welcome and words of encouragement! I went through my journal from the last 2 years - it's to encourage me toweight loes weight (which is also a struggle) in it it screams of my struggles with wine!! I would get to a point and say enough!!! And then fall back in.....over and over and over - granted my life is insanely stressful but I need to be strong and just move away from it...
Also I now have an upper respiratory infection.... Started yesterday sore throat body aches ..... I doesn't seem like withdrawal - just poor timing....