Notices

accepting

Old 06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

accepting

I have finally accepted that I am a smoker and in order to quit I must be willing and determined to do so. I am working on positive affirmations and gratitude which I am hoping will trickle into my quiting smoking also. I deserve to quit to live a healthier life style. I am worth it I know. With these I am hoping to overcome this addiction of nicotine and to become a stonger person from it as well. So that when I do quit it will be because I was ready to and it was well thought out and planned. I will keep coming in here for suport. Maybe one of these dayus something someone or even myself says will hit me. Until then I am slowly making a plan and accepting that I was not yet ready on my first quit day. More will be revealed. I still hate the smell dispize the nasty habit now I must accept it as an addiction it is such a regular thing in my life I dont believe I accepted I am addicted or the fact that they are killing me slowly. With acceptance comes strength and this is what I need.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I am where you are at with this smoking business. I* know I have to quit soon. Been having chest pains when I smoke, and just don't like how I feel being a smoker, less energy. Like you I have accepted I have to go at this addiction like any other...being willing and committed to go to any length to stop. We'll do it girl....we will, as you said, when we are ready.....we will quit.
Good luck to ya dear friend. I have decided to set a quit date for this summer. haven't made the exact date but have been looking at all the resources, seeing what might work the best.

Hang in there!