Notices

132 Hours off of OxyCodone

Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

132 Hours off of OxyCodone

Hello everyone. I started on this site in the Chat and some fine member suggested I make a post so that I could one day look back to remind me what I went through so here goes. I apologize to that person in the chat as I was on day 2 or 3 of my withdrawal and I cannot remember their name. They were amazing though, so if you see this, just know that.

I've been using Oxycodone for 11 months. It started due to an injury I had and I took a quick wrong fix of self medicating with the pills. The pills took the pain away but they worked too good. Made me blissfully happy like nothing I've ever experienced. So of course you all know where this is going, over time I took more and more, even after my injury healed. At the worst of it towards the end, I was taking roughly 10mg per hour.

ALL of my physical withdrawal symptoms are currently gone and my appetite is returning. Actually, that's the weird part. For the first 2-3 days, I ate literally nothing, just couldn't. I got a multivitamin as I figured it was smart since I wasn't gonna be getting any food. But now on day 6, my appetite is increasing insanely. It seems my body is craving more and more food, is that normal? I don't know, but I'm not complaining. These last 4-5 days have been absolute hell and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Anyhow, that is my story, I know it's not unique, I know I'm not the first, but this is me.

And all I can say is the few folks I've spoke with here in the chat are amazing and were so helpful and continue to be. So hi to all you fine people as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Weezy - to posting
Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome WeezyR1, this is a great place for support. I'm glad you have joined us. Best wishes.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Weezy
Glad you're feeling better - thats great!

D
Old 10-31-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Weezy, it was a pleasure meeting you in Chat! I'm so happy your appetites returned and you're feeling better. Congratulations!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Swashbuckler

Originally Posted by WeezyR1 View Post
I've been using Oxycodone for 11 months. It started due to an injury I had and I took a quick wrong fix of self medicating with the pills. The pills took the pain away but they worked too good. Made me blissfully happy like nothing I've ever experienced.
Arrrghhh... this must be hell...

I'm just a simple alcoholic who dreaded drugs all my life.

I knew, given my addictive personality, I would've died of it if I even tried. (I became an alcoholic instantaneously after I had my first beer - I also guzzled down 13 more after that first one...)

Only once a friend, while I was sick, gave me an Oxy. I took it and the blissful hallucination that night, wrapped in high fever, was beyond belief. I threw the whole bottle he has given me and was livid because of that; he should've known better! (he was an old junkie, clean for ages at the moment)

For days, even several weeks afterwards I was thinking about that one freaking Oxy I took by a mistake. Only one, only once. What a power in that shite...

Good luck with your struggle!!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and I'm really glad you're feeling well.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hayley86 View Post
Welcome WeezyR1, this is a great place for support. I'm glad you have joined us. Best wishes.
I learned that immediately when I went to the Chat, thanks for the kind welcome.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Weezy
Glad you're feeling better - thats great!

D
Me too, and thank you.

Originally Posted by Opivotal View Post
Weezy, it was a pleasure meeting you in Chat! I'm so happy your appetites returned and you're feeling better. Congratulations!
Pleasure was all mine. Man, I just ate 3/4 pound double cheeseburger with about a half pound of fries. Appetite is go go go.

Originally Posted by Correy View Post
Arrrghhh... this must be hell...

I'm just a simple alcoholic who dreaded drugs all my life.

I knew, given my addictive personality, I would've died of it if I even tried. (I became an alcoholic instantaneously after I had my first beer - I also guzzled down 13 more after that first one...)

Only once a friend, while I was sick, gave me an Oxy. I took it and the blissful hallucination that night, wrapped in high fever, was beyond belief. I threw the whole bottle he has given me and was livid because of that; he should've known better! (he was an old junkie, clean for ages at the moment)

For days, even several weeks afterwards I was thinking about that one freaking Oxy I took by a mistake. Only one, only once. What a power in that shite...

Good luck with your struggle!!
Oh yes, you described it perfectly. We are quite the opposite, it's funny. I can't stand alcohol much myself at all, can easily never keep drinking it. But these Oxy pills grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Fortunately I made them let go recently, but only after 11 months of them stealing my life. Good luck with your own struggle, as for me, 7 days, 14 hours with NO PILLS.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Aren't you relieved to be over the worst of the opiate withdrawal? That is some hard pain to live through. Congratulations on kicking your addiction to the curb!
Old 11-02-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there! One week and three days off hydrocodone here. Congrats to you! Eat up. xo