Notices

i cant cope no more

Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i cant cope no more

i feel sh!t

i been off booze a month tomorrow

i been on prozac 20mg all this time too, and still feel sh!t and cant be bothered to do anything and cant get motivated and hate where i live

i hate my neighbours, and sick of trying to be bigger one and just ignore them, its hard ignoreing them, they just try to wind me up

im very depressed and cant see a nice future

i drank for 20 odd years so i know it wont go away over night but i feel sh!t

i just feel like running away to where noone knows me
Old 10-31-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Alcohol Free Member

Congratulations for being off the booze a month. All of the other problems you mentioned are non-alcohol related and like everyone else, you and you alone will deal with them.
Your feeling down because the weather in rubbish and the nights are drawing in making it darker.

Did you know it is possible for humans to hibernate. Our metabolism slows, we feel depressed and more tired and winter come on. This is the **** feeling combined with your neirbours.

The ray of hope is your not drinking, to try and make yourself feel better.

Try increasing the soft yellow/orange light level in your home, this aid season adjustment disorder which makes us feel depressed this time of the year. Also try increasing the vitamins you take, you will be surprised the difference they can make without turning to medication.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Congrats on keeping sober!

You know, don't beat yourself up for feeling bad, it happens when we make changes in our lives and things get kind of ahead of us and we feel overwhelmed and we don't have our past escape by abusing alcohol or whatever.

Try to just take a breath and look for those feelings that are there that feel good about what you've accomplished in your month of quitting. They are there

Give yourself a break. Be careful with yourself, its okay to be happy about our accomplishments even though everything isn't worked out as yet.

Give yourself a smile. Sounds so trite, but it really helped me in my early days and weeks when quitting. I'm sober many years now, and I can still smile.

Again, congrats on keeping sober.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work on a month sober Teardrop. I felt like crap like that for probably at least a month or so. You aren't going to undo 20 years of damage to your body in a few short weeks unfortunately. One of the hardest parts of getting sober is dealing with all the underlying issues that we basically ignored and drowned in alcohol. Now we have to actuallly face them and deal with them. And I can tell you for certain it's much easier to deal with them with a clear head and a mind free of alcohol.

Have you ever considered seeing a counselor to explore any issues you might have and ways to work on them?
Old 10-31-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 1 month.I still felt pretty lousy at 1 month.Whilst you have external problems to deal with you will be more able to deal with them sober.

Since getting sober I feel calmer and less angry and resentful.I've read that's pretty common.Hopefully you 'll feel the same over time

Please don't drink-it#ll just make eveyrthing worse.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on one month sober! As to your neighbors, you cannot let them draw you into this crap all the time. They're calling the tune and you're dancing to it. I repeat: ignore them!!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Nothing Left to do but Smile.

Teardrop,
At 1 month, I didn't feel great either. Stick it out. It gets better.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

I echo what autan suggested, this is the time of year Seasonal Affective Disorder really kicks into gear. Short days, staying inside due to cold weather etc, lack of Sunlight and vitamin D can do a number on mood AND ENERGY LEVELS.

If you can get a walk outside in the morning. Talk to a medic about the right kind and dose of vitamin D tabs that might help, or invest in bulbs that give off the right type of light waves it might help.

I experience this annually and knowing what is adding to my "down" helps me address it and also tolerate it, realizing it is a temporary condition.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

The first month is hard for everyone teardrop.
Lean on the support here.

I hope you'll find the second month easier

D
Old 10-31-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Well done staying sober.

Unfortunately alcohol withdraw can last much longer for some people like myself. At about 3 months with the help of counseling; psychiatric medication, some outdoor exercise, the major depression symptoms begun to lift. Those 90 days or so of withdraw symptoms seemed to go on for ever.

Counseling with mood elevation medication can work better than medications alone. It did for me and maybe it can help you too.

I hope your mood gets better soon.