Notices

Need help/reassurance

Old 10-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help/reassurance

Well guys I'm 45 days clean and very happy about that. But a new demon has been getting at me for the past couple of days. I have made posts about it before but i just need to either hear other people's experience with this symptom, or find some way to cope with it or vent about it. I have been fortunate enough to think clearly about the consequences of usage this go around have had 45 relatively crave free days off of opiates. But now, i get waves of intensely rapid heartbeat, anxiety, and complete inability to focus. I can't even read at times. Is this a symptom of PAWS? I always had a little ADD, but this is different, crippling i would say. It has only occurred the last three days. I thought maybe it was due to a drop in nicotine usage. I just don't know what it is or if its permanent lol. I am happy don't get me wrong, but this is a serious symptom. :thou any anecdotal help with this would be amazing as it can be overwhelming at times and i am afraid this may not be a symptom of paws, and more something i will just have to learn to cope with.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found a got very anxious after I got clean and sober - the symptoms certainly seem to match.

It got better as time went on - it was pretty good by 60 days and gone by 90 days

Naturally if you're really concerned tho a Dr is always you're best bet.

I found this site to be pretty good for exercises and non medical suggestions for anxiety and panic attacks

Calm Clinic for Your Anxiety & Panic « Calm Clinic

D
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have experienced something similar on a few occasion and I am around 45 days as well. It was really bad on a morning that I drank coffee and forgot to use my nicotine patch.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Does it last long? Is it unbearably intense for more than a few hours? I had times like this hard to pinpoint exactly how it felt. Almost manic. It got better for me as time went on. I doubt it's anything new.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

yea i actually found the culprit i am pretty sure. I was using way too much nicotine. I just quit today and feel a lot less anxious and "weird overall". Craving a smoke, but feeling a lot better mentally