Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

When do you feel better if you taper a few days?

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So I went from a 10-20 hydrocodone a day to 4 halfs a day for two days and I had serious withdrawals them days then Thursday at noon I took my last half I'm honestly feeling slightly better now and this just started within the last two hours so I hope it's not a fluke anyways I know know one can know for sure but does my extreme taper that started Tuesday help at all or was them two days a waste until I stopped on Thursday in your opinion?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Even though you tapered you are still going to go through withdrawals. If you have been taking them for even a few months you would have some withdrawal. Just know that it would not be worse then if you didn't taper at all. Sorry for the bad news but it is not going to be easy. Just don't backwards to try to feel better.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Acute withdrawals usually last about 5 or seven days. For me, the 3rd day is usually the worst day. The 4th day onward it gets better and better. It's sort of like a bad cold. Days 1&2 not so bad peeks on the 3rd day and gets better from there. If your last pill was on Thursday, today and tomorrow would probably be your worst days. Monday you will start feeling better. Since you were tapering its possible that you already experienced the worst. In fact, I wouldn't be surprized if you aren't on your way out of acute withdrawals.

Remember, this is just an approximation. Everyone is different. Another thing in my experience hydro withdrawals are much milder than lets say oxy withdrawals. They are still painful and uncomfortable, but for me they didn't last as long. The average withdrawal period for me were 4 or 5 days on hydro. Just keep in mind that after acute WD comes the struggle of PAWS. Do not be surprised if you still have some trouble sleeping, lethargy, confusion (foggy brain), anxiety, and you will probably get some strong cravings. Just DO NOT use! They will go away with time. Every day you stay clean is one more day you will feel better. You can do this! Just remember you never have to go through this again!

Let us know how you're doing, ok?