Notices

Grateful and Positive

Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Grateful and Positive

Emotionally, I did not have a very good day yesterday and really just wanted to go out and get drunk. . . but I managed to resist! Instead I went to a friend’s house and talked things through and ate pizza/had a laugh etc. I was pleased to discover that she too is fed up going to the bar and would like to do other things. She does not have an issue with alcohol and can easily have “one” and stop. I was so pleased to discover that I am not alone and have this support! Despite other things not going so well (it has been very “up and down” this week) I feel so much better and much more determined to maintain my sobriety. I just thought I would share as usually I come on here to moan!!! xx
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good on you!! You should be proud of yourself!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's wonderful! I think we underestimate how non-alcoholics perceive sobriety. I have found since not drinking that those around me who do *not* have a drinking problem can really take it or leave it without much talk about it. If I say, "No, thanks, I'm not drinking tonight," most people reply, "OK, then I won't, either" and we just get on with the evening.

It's *me* with the problem of my not drinking!