Notices

Yes!

Old 06-07-2004, 06:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Yes!

well I made it thru 1 day I know it's not alot but not 1 single drop!! thank's to all of you! Altho my husband is still not talking to me (3 days now) and it's like walking around on egg shells Im so proud of myself it's hard not to hang my head high! It was mentioned the connection between insomnia and anxiety disorder...hmm I never even thought about that, but I have been diagnosed with sever anxiety (refused meds. trade one evil for another umm no) as well as a eating disorder..like I don't have enough on my plate! anyways I am proudly working on day 2! I have one question tho. Im not suffering from any type of withdrawl except for the sleep issue. Is it possible that I had "Phased" it out enough to not have any or did I just get lucky? Thank you everyone!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Congratulations one Day One! Beautiful.
As for your question about withdrawal, the symptoms are different for everyone. It is entirely possible that all you will have to deal with is some insomnia. Simply try to be attentive to the signals your body sends you. Withdrawal does not have to be a full blown case of the shakes and sweats and hallucinations.
Lucky you ask? Why not!
Listen to your body, not that little voice in your head that will probably drop in for a visit. As we start feeling better, the temptation to reward ourselves with a few is very real. We manage sobriety in 24 hour slices.
Well done.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Well done Andi

Yep, agree with Dan above. With me insomnia was cetainly there - but it soon passes. Drink lots of water and get some good reading in.

Congratulations - today is the day to work on now - just today - get today right. I'm with you, working hard.

Much love

JC
Old 06-07-2004, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations And,

I hope you make it through Day 2 as well. We're here for you. I'm very glad your withdrawl symptoms are mild!

Love, Anna
Old 06-07-2004, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Wow Andi, one day is huge, it's the most important! Congrats to you and we'll be here to help along the way! Hubby will come around, when ready, you guy's have a heart to heart, I'm sure he'll listen with a tad bit of skeptisism but he'll come around and begin to support you.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you everyone! well if insomnia is my only withdraw then I consider my self VERY lucky! I know alot of you have gone thru alot worse. and I can say so far Im skateing thru day number 2 with a smile on my face I gave myself a job to do for today and that was cleaning up my "drinking" space would you belive I got rid of 39 two liters! yup for mixed drinks! I feel a little better about being in that space now. As far as my hubby goes...well we will see it's hard to tell really! right now here is the only place for support and a pat on the back! and it means alot to me! The temptation is not there right now but Ill be put to the ultimate test soon, but untill then i will just settle for day number 2.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Way to go Andi...
On to day # 2...congratulations!...
Dan was right in reminding you to watch out for the sneaky voice of addiction.
It thinks of many reasons and excuses to have just one little drink.
You keep coming here, we are here for you...
Old 06-07-2004, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Andi, you (((((((((ROCK))))))))))

No matter how long anybody has-we all just have today---right now----good job!!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Paused

Andi,

Great job!!!! Keep yourself busy and you' ll continue to skate through day 2. Here's another pat on the back from me. PAT, PAT. SMILE

Insomnia is doable, although very frustrating. I leaped out of bed, in my sleepless stage, at 1:00 A.M. and started organizing my closet. HAHA. I had no idea where that came from? It had to be done and had to be done NOW....I felt a bit crazy, but it occupied my mind and manic energy at the time. Oh, and my closet looks fabulous. HAHA. Hasn't been that tidy in a veeerryyy long time.

Your husband is dealing with trust issues, no doubt, and the anger will subside when he see's your serious this time. I'm guessing he's heard it many times before, the promise's to quit drinking. Prove him wrong and you'll reap the benifits. There are many. Remember, take it 24 at a time. Break it down in small incremates so it isn't so overwelming.

Good luck and I'm glad you're feeling well. Keep up the hard work because sweet dreams are in your immediate future.

Take care, I'll be thinking of you and your husband....

Talia
Old 06-07-2004, 05:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

I just wanted to thank you all again!