Notices

Gods plan is better than my plan.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Gods plan is better than my plan.

I don't know if this is the appropriate forum to post this so please move it if it is not. A few weeks ago I posted a thread about how I got my old job back when I was about a year and a half sober only to get fired without explanation a month later. Well after I got fired I decided to get off my butt and look for a job at a treatment center were I could be of maxim service to others and I found one. I applied at several places with no luck. However, I asked a friend of mine whom I grew up with who is also in AA and he recommended a place that might be hiring. I applied and got interviewed the same day. They said they wanted to hire me but weren't sure what was going on with certain things and would let me know in a few days. They just called my today and I got the job! The truth is that I hated my old job and really enjoy working with other people in recovery or who are at least trying to recover. If I didn't get fired from my old job I never would have looked for work in a treatment center. Clearly that was Gods work.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's amazing what happens when we accept how things are. When one door is shut, another one opens.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic, looks like you've found your calling. Wish you every success!