Notices

Keeping more than one demon at bay

Old 10-20-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping more than one demon at bay

So I'm on day 4 of being sober but am still smoking pot. I am an everyday smoker and very rarely go without for longer than a couple of days. I used it to help me quit cigarettes 7 years ago and now over the weekend I used it to help keep my cravings for alcohol at bay.

Not sure if I have the strength to quit both at the same time but would love to hear people's stories on what worked/helped them.

I am challenging myself to have a clean and sober 24 hours, even though I know it's sitting in my drawer waiting for me, I will ignore it calling my name.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea. It is not easy when you have stuff sitting so close. If it was me, I would need to get rid of it.

When I was younger I quit smoking pot after smoking for years and years. I remember it took about a month, but I felt awake, alert, and pretty darn good after stopping weed.

Keeping busy, exercise, and eating healthy help me forget about using.

So last time u replaced nicotine with pot, u have to make sure you dont just replace it with another unhealthy habit.

When i quit smoking weed I had to get rid of my glassware as well.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes I would flush it, make the decision to quit for good. You will be happier, richer and have more energy! proud of you for coming here.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by darkfaith View Post
So I'm on day 4 of being sober but am still smoking pot. I am an everyday smoker and very rarely go without for longer than a couple of days. I used it to help me quit cigarettes 7 years ago and now over the weekend I used it to help keep my cravings for alcohol at bay.

Not sure if I have the strength to quit both at the same time but would love to hear people's stories on what worked/helped them.

I am challenging myself to have a clean and sober 24 hours, even though I know it's sitting in my drawer waiting for me, I will ignore it calling my name.
I like your courage for caring enough to want to put down both bottle and joint. That is A LOT, because just one is enough.

If you don't already getting therapy for your #1 depression/codependency or if not depression you have then just your sudden LOWS in general,
then #2 going to AA and NA, would all graciously probably help you out A LOT. Make things more pleasant, less lonely, and give you good insights on quitting for good.

As far as tips go, really kicking that codependency is going to change a lot for you. There is solutions to things, but with patient, learning, your courage, goals, focusing on your reason why you breath and people you care most about in your life, learning how selfish persistent drug use is and that life is more about being selfless, realizing there is sooo much you can do in this life..that you don't have to be bound to substances, then you can do this my friend. Anyways, take care, be well.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I lasted most of the day and night but got a huge craving for a drink so ended up smoking the rest of my stash. So yes, should have flushed it. But it's gone now and today I will be cleaning out my drawer and getting Of everything.

Still sober though so that's a good thing.