Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Quit alcohol, cigarettes and drugs, day 33 - continual cold and illness

Notices

Old 10-20-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Since stopping everything 33 days ago i initially had good health, but for the past 12 days I have been so rundown with a cold, running nose, headaches, tired eyes, de motivation.

I imagine this is all part of the detox and wanted to find out if people had similar experiences. If so, how long it lasted etc
Old 10-20-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Yes, had all of those, don't worry, it's normal and you will feel better soon xx might last a couple more months. It's just your body getting rid of all the crap.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was on oxy, cigarettes, etc and I am just past day 40. It seems like I am much more sensitive to allergies right now, which have always been minimal my entire life.

I think we are just in a hyper-sensitive mode right now. So allergies, a little cold, etc, are exaggerated.

Also, things like smoke, or past insufflation of drugs would trigger a healing response from your nose/nasal cavity, and lungs. That could also produce cold-like symptoms.

Are u seeing a doctor?

Nutrition/vitamins are still very important for us during this healing phase.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I saw the doctor and he discussed with me diet and vitamins, also seeing somebody else regarding concentration problems.

I am looking forward to the day when I feel fresh like everything is out of my system. Anyone estimate when this will come?

The de motivation is frustrating as my job salary relies on my performance. Any tips on this?

All help and advice appreciated
Old 10-20-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by stuntgeorge View Post
I saw the doctor and he discussed with me diet and vitamins, also seeing somebody else regarding concentration problems.

I am looking forward to the day when I feel fresh like everything is out of my system. Anyone estimate when this will come?

The de motivation is frustrating as my job salary relies on my performance. Any tips on this?

All help and advice appreciated
Might take two or three months to be honest. Bur you'll feel a bit better every day.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Exercise has seemed to increase my energy levels, as well as put me in a better mood.

Days that I dont exercise are noticeably more difficult.