Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Checking in Again. 30 days. And things getting Better

Notices

Old 10-17-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am happy to check in again with you guys and report i am on my 32nd day clean and free from opiates. I am a chronic pain patient and my episodes have been less frequent and more manageable since flushing the remainder of my vicodin down the toilet two weeks ago. As you know, i used 10 mg of vicodin for a major episode two weeks ago, and i was fine that night. The next day i found myself instantly thinking well you didn't even get high, you may as well take 20 mg tonight. I forced myself to flush them realizing that even as a CPP i can't handle taking pain medication responsibly, or at least most definitely not now. Anyways I'm 32 days clean, and things are really starting to pick up. My sleep is so much better, no terrifying nightmares. Far less lethargy, feeling happy in the mornings, pain is more manageable mentally. I still have episodes of craving but i must stay positive and remind everyone fighting through WDs that things really pick up around the month mark. Still a long way to go. ---Stilltrecking
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would like to add that the psychology of not having any opiates in the house has been very freeing, and that the 10mg dose i took i did not count as starting me from scratch as it was taken for a legitimate reason, and its repercussions were dealt with in a manner i felt was relevant to my recovery.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

Way to go! That's wonderful. Good job, flushing them. Sorry I haven't been around so I haven't seen your other posts yet.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic for you!

I am sorry for your continuing pain
but you are living in the solution.

Peace always and may good health be swift.