Notices

Aa

Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aa

The meeting I usually go to on Tuesday nights was cancelled, so I found another one close by. I was at the wrong room number till finally this guy showed me the right room. It was a Big Book study group and it was 2 instructors, me, another girl and her boyfriend, that was it. It started off slow but we started on the topic of God and higher power. I started thinking how I believe in evolution but the more days I'm sober the more I'm starting to realize there is a Higher Power out there. The other day I was out in the yard and the sun was setting and I found myself staring at the sunset and all of a sudden these butterflies flew around me and I felt this peaceful feeling...maybe a small taste of serenity?? Maybe. So anyway when I left the meeting I was walking to my truck and there was no one around cause I parked in the wring place cause I didnt know where I was going. I was walking parallel with the building maybe like 10 feet away and I hear this noise behind me. 2 deer trot by me like 5 feet from me, scared the hell out of me, one left and one stopped about 15 feet in front of me, and just stopped and stared right at me. I stared back for like a minute, it wouldn't look away. It was so cool I was never that close to a deer. Anyway I was chewing tobacco and I spit and it ran off, but I got that inner peace feeling again for a little bit, at least to take the anxiety away for the drive home. Hope to have Serenity one day...pretty cool stuff.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

UF, sounds almost like mini "spiritual experiences," like they talk of in the big book. Animals and nature provide me, also, with brief moments of serenity and connectedness with the universe. I try to capture brief moments of serenity throughout the day, and I find the more open I am to these moments, the more they happen.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been blessed with the motivation of biking in my early sobriety. There is a rail trail near my house out in the country that I ride as much as possible in my spare time (almost 300 miles in the last month and a half!). On my ride home from a meeting two Saturdays ago it started pouring just a mile in (8 miles each way). Well I stopped and was going to turn around because my mom lives in town and was just gonna wait it out there, but I decided to keep going in the driving rain. It was the most serene experience of my life. Out there in the darkness on my bike listening to great music in the driving rain. I felt at peace and had this warm feeling that I can stay sober, and that life is just amazing even though problem do and will arise. I will never forget that ride for the rest of my life.