Notices

Staying strong.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Staying strong.

Well its been 24 hours since my last drink and im still here fighting. Off to do some exercise and listen to some music tonight and try and freshen up my body and mind. I learned from many attempts now that Caffeine is very bad for my anxiety and puts me on edge some what so im also controlling this as I don't wanna put myself in a situation where im all wired up off Caffeine and then the fear and worry kicks in because that's when alcohol alarms start going off for relief. I'm going to try a different approach this time and just take it easy and see I how I get on. Anyway, just checking in with SR. Hope you are all well. Peace.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
Well its been 24 hours since my last drink and im still here fighting. Off to do some exercise and listen to some music tonight and try and freshen up my body and mind. I learned from many attempts now that Caffeine is very bad for my anxiety and puts me on edge some what so im also controlling this as I don't wanna put myself in a situation where im all wired up off Caffeine and then the fear and worry kicks in because that's when alcohol alarms start going off for relief. I'm going to try a different approach this time and just take it easy and see I how I get on. Anyway, just checking in with SR. Hope you are all well. Peace.
Caffeine did the same thing to me when I was early on, I still actuallly watch my intake pretty closely several months in. Good job on recognizing some of your potential triggers and acting on them. Taking it easy is always good too, but don't let that turn into complacenc -idle minds are a bad thing when you are early in recovery. Are you doing anything other than SR in regards to a recovery method or plan?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RJY,

Great work on the first 24. Keep fighting and turn 24 into 48. One minute, one hour, one day at a time. Keep posting and don't be too hard on yourself for everything else. Do whatever it takes to avoid that first drink. That's your one and only mission.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No half measures

Great that you are giving it another go. What are you going to differently? Will power alone has not been enough in the past. What is your plan to stay sober?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and Well done for knowing what to avoid at this difficult time!!! I hope you ahve a relaxing evening and wish you every success.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would just keep with will power. It seems to work as well as most 12 step programs. People either want to quit or they don't generally. If you want socialization join a specific interest club and use up your spare time. Maybe find a workout buddy?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i cannot drink caffeine anymore. it gives me horrible anxiety.

oh well, another substance i can do without in my life.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Exercise is a great idea! Good for you. You can do this.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Caffeine did the same thing to me when I was early on, I still actuallly watch my intake pretty closely several months in. Good job on recognizing some of your potential triggers and acting on them. Taking it easy is always good too, but don't let that turn into complacenc -idle minds are a bad thing when you are early in recovery. Are you doing anything other than SR in regards to a recovery method or plan?
Not made any specific plan's. I just intend to focus more on my family life and focus on what I have that's good rather on negatives.