Notices

Daily bursts of euphoria/energy

Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daily bursts of euphoria/energy

Anybody that's been off the dope awhile get these? I had them early on and then went through a rough patch. Now they are back stronger and more frequent throughout the day.

Oddly enough, they are way more powerful than opiates were. Even oxy at the beginning.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you think it's because of the rough patch that it's just normal "happy" or is it more like manic?
Old 10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would say goofy/manic. It's like a burst of "wheeeeeeeee!"
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you exercise?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I have been at it 5 days a week lately. It seems to happen at 4 hour or so intervals and lasts about an hour. I'm not complaining but it seems a little over the top. Maybe brain rebuilding?

The good thing is, there is not crash afterwards. I am worried about that, though.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TiredEnough View Post
Yes, I have been at it 5 days a week lately. It seems to happen at 4 hour or so intervals and lasts about an hour. I'm not complaining but it seems a little over the top. Maybe brain rebuilding?

The good thing is, there is not crash afterwards. I am worried about that, though.
That is quite odd. I would not complain either. I am sure there is some chemical (natural) component involved there. I would feel quote encouraged. That would tell me that your opiate receptors are able to be stimulated by or own bodies stimulants.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm with you, I think it is chemical.

Since the opiates have been gone longer, I kind of lean towards the benzo stoppage having something to do with it. I just don't want to get on a mood rollercoaster for weeks at a time. If that happens I'll be hitting up a pdoc.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well I have never had to deal with benzo WD so I can't offer any personal insight into that. When I ct'd opies. I swear I had moos changes every 15 minutes one 15 minute. I felt like the world was over and it was no point in living. 15 minutes later I felt hope and like everything would be okay. If you quit opiates and benzo's on or about the same time you were going to have all sorts of chemical corrections going on. Tossing and exercise and the natural endorphins they produce and I am going to theorize your body probably doesn't know how much to produce yet and you could be in for these little euphoric blasts for sometime. I would certainly encourage you to be patient with your bodies chemistry during this time of healing and transition.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thats an excellent point, mk. There have been alot of changes in a short time so I guess everything is trying to reboot. It seems like I have been at this forever but really it hasnt been all that long.

Youre right. During the early part of opiate withdrawal, the moods change 10 times a minute
Old 10-09-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Te i remember having those the last time i quit cold turkey. I was off both opies and benzo.Yes they are a little over the top. But i remember thinking that wow, there is happiness after the pills. I didn't over analyze them to much. In fact, I don't think they went away. I thought they were just natural happiness. I mean didnt you feel naturally happy at times in your life before the pills? I was clean for 5 years before i picked up again.

Of course mk's theory makes sense.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I refer to that feeling sometimes as a lot of good coke. Too much. It doesn't last long though like you said.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

It doesn't happen everyday though. Just once in a while. I kind of go through cycles of ok, too down and shortly too manic.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have hyper spurts sometimes and my boyfriend and I goof off and wrestle each other, but mainly the energy and mood levels are down the drain lol. I also need to start working out, that would help me physically and emotionally, a lot.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Dec, I've never done coke but the feeling I get is what I imagine it to be. The body produces some hesvy stuff.

Clean,I've always been to extremes. Bottomed out or flying high. From what I remember, thats what got me started on Paxil.

Lioness, you should if its something you want to do. Exercise helps me a ton.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TE have you been diagnosed with bipolar? You know I'm not an expert but my Mom was bipolar. There are several in my IOP with bipolar also. It sounds like that. Perhaps now that you're off the pills the symptoms are more pronounced.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

From what I know the mania in bipolar lasts a lot longer. I have been misdiagnosed a lot. Actually doesn't matter what my diagnosis is anymore. Mania symptoms usually last a lot longer and don't subside in a few hours.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was diagnosed with dysthymia years ago by two docs. I think I was blasted on pills so long that I forgot how things were before.

If things get bad, I will have to look into Paxil again. I really dont want to do that, though.

My moods are 15% "all hope is gone", 15% "wheeeee!", 60% normal.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Decbaby is mostly correct. However, there are extremes of the condition that cause rapid cycling. Those could mimic WD symptoms.

TE are you still on Paxil? I have a feeling you are experiencing benzo PAWS mixed with opiate PAWS. If you get concerned about the ups and downs then definitely talk to your doctor.

Paxil was my first AD. That was way back before they talked about the wd from ADs. That was a godsend at the time before I started mixing alcohol and drugs with it.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

That's actually not a bad ratio! I would take it in a heartbeat!!! Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Fancy, I quit the Paxil about a year ago. 40mgs ct. I figured I was taking so much dope there was no need for it.

Dec, you are right. Im not complaining but given my history, I fear the bottom out that can happen. Im probably just paranoid (Im OCD too).