Advice, please

Old 10-08-2013, 11:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice, please

I've posted the quick version of my story and I really felt like I was moving in a positive direction but now- major stall for over a month. I'm so scared and feel really vulnerable and I'm not sure where to turn.

I never heard back about the job that I got a third interview for. I have continued to send out resumes, but it is really weird- I think because I have been home with the kids? Fo a LONG time. Not any interview or offers or anything!

AH is really mad at me. I took the kids to a therapist. He is furious about that. I moved some money out of savings because he was eroding the account by drinking. He's really mad about that too. Also because he thinks I turned the kids against him.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AH is really mad at me. I took the kids to a therapist. He is furious about that. I moved some money out of savings because he was eroding the account by drinking. He's really mad about that too. Also because he thinks I turned the kids against him.
He wants to protect his alcoholism and that's why he's furious. He's mad because you moved money and it's less drinking money for him. He thinks you turned the kids on him but it has nothing to do with him and his drinking. OK... why don't we just blame you for the leaves dropping too! Mk?

I don't know what to tell you about the job but I will tell you this... keep pulling $20's out of his wallet and squirrel it away! It'll add up! Ms Fandy did that with grocery money her ex husband was allocating to her. She was saving $7.99 in change and putting it into an acct to divorce him. She eventually got that divorce.

If your resumes aren't getting you anywhere, look for something else. I know Craig's List runs job ads all the time! Good Luck! Someone, somewhere will hire you.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Rotz. You are right that he is doing this to protect the drinking. I think he was so angry (which is out of character for him) because he wanted an excuse to stay out and drink tonight. Over the weekend he was promising he would stay sober, please give him one more chance.

I checked Craig's List & you are right there are a lot of job postings. I'm just having such a hard time picking myself up again after not getting that other job.

Last edited by Flavia2; 10-08-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-08-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Flavia2 View Post
I've posted the quick version of my story and I really felt like I was moving in a positive direction but now- major stall for over a month. I'm so scared and feel really vulnerable and I'm not sure where to turn.
On your knees in prayer is an EXCELLENT start. Things are unmanageable? That should mean . . . . [drum roll] Step 1. Great Place to Start.

Step 1: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol ~ that our lives had become unmanageable.

I never heard back about the job that I got a third interview for. I have continued to send out resumes, but it is really weird- I think because I have been home with the kids? Fo a LONG time. Not any interview or offers or anything!
Do not sweat it. I am in demand -- but when shopping, I send out 100 resumes, get 10 call backs, and maybe get a match on one. No big deal, every form of sales has its win ratio. Once you figure out yours, you can just behave accordingly.

btw, I NEVER let "tire kickers" (used car salesman term for folks who waste their time, but do not buy) get past a second interview. Either we are ready to close and get to work, or I fire them upfront.

Yeah, I have gotten the "YOU ARE POISONING THE KIDS MINDS!" routine too.

Umm, no honeybunch, you acting Crazy and Screaming is what scares the kids.

Here is the real deal -- better to avoid than fight. Just drift away quietly.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've gotten the winded feeling like someone drop kicked ya in the chest. It will pass. Scout Craig's List and see what they have. You may get lucky! Just keep trying. Everyday is a new day and eventually, your ass will be getting up for work! lol
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Indeed.com, as well.

Hits all the job boards -- except Craigslist.

Set your town, select "by date" and scale the miles out to increase the target quantity (e.g. 100 in my example, above) you desire.

mho, stop searching at somewhere between 7 to 10 days backwards. Things get stale after that.

Once you are on Monster and some of the other crap sites, you will get junk mail ads for fake jobs. Ignore them.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Crap, even my decent paying job is listed on Craig's List and I work for one of the top 3 security providers in the Nation.

There are even nice nursing jobs I've been looking at there too post accident. It's what I used to do but got out of since my back isn't what it used to be.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sure, I have gotten $100K+ jobs from Craigslist.org.

Good by me.

Have placed ads on Craigslist and gotten good help, as well.