Notices

mornings.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mornings.

I have just woken up and feel deadful. Feels like a hangover feeling but I haven't drank and today is day 3. Anyone else know what I mean?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you perhaps still a little dehydrated?
I remember days 3 and 4 I always felt like I was going down with the flu - by day 5 I felt brilliant. Hang in there
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hang in there RJY. Congratulations !!!! Many people find Day 3 the worst day. Keep hydrated and get plenty of rest. If you start feeling worse seek medical attention.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep - day 3 was my worst day for sure. ..and drinking won't solve a damn thing!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
I have just woken up and feel deadful. Feels like a hangover feeling but I haven't drank and today is day 3. Anyone else know what I mean?
We've all been there.

Physically , the new you is going through the birthing process while the old you is starving, and wants to be fed. The only way this will get better is by continuing to starve that which you want to die while simultaneously nurturing that which you want to grow.

Looking back, day 3 was the very first day I started my clean and sober journal. Here is the entry.

Good luck and God Bless

August 23rd, 2012- 12:26pm

Day 3

A very, good, day.

Today is the first day that I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and start living life, to its fullest, again.

I was up by 7am, had my son on the bus by 7:52am, and was at the gym by 8:45am. Today I did 12 pull ups, 35 push ups, 150 sit ups, an 8 mile bicycle ride, and various weight lifting machines. I shipped a disabled amplifier, via UPS, to Crown for repair, got Taylor at wings a birthday card, buttoned up the amp cases that were in storage and inquired about refinancing my house.

GOOD MOVE!

I found out that, if I refinanced my entire debt structure, the long term interest rate would drop down to 3.65% , (from a current rate of 4.45%) saving me a whopping 1400 bucks a month or 16,800 a YEAR! Obviously, this move would make life a whole lot more easier. So I set up an appointment for this Monday morning. I also renegotiated my monthly cell phone bill down by approximately 50 dollars a month and paid my 2010 taxes in full. Man, have I been sleeping for a long time.

Not anymore
Old 10-02-2013, 01:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Still awake on my day 2/3. Can't sleep. I know it feels awful. This isn't my first rodeo. Still I'm always surprised how soon I forget.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RJY9 View Post
hey RJ, this is when you feel just one drink would help you feel better, DONT LISTEN TO THAT VOICE!! If you can grit your teeth and break thro today and the next few days you don't ever have to go thro this again, keep well hydrated, eat some decent food, and try and rest, a few more days and this fog will start lifting and you will feel better, hang in there! x
Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
hey RJ, this is when you feel just one drink would help you feel better, DONT LISTEN TO THAT VOICE!! If you can grit your teeth and break thro today and the next few days you don't ever have to go thro this again, keep well hydrated, eat some decent food, and try and rest, a few more days and this fog will start lifting and you will feel better, hang in there! x
Nice one, Lorelei

And congrats on 1000 posts!!!!