Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Peppering me with questions about an antidepressant - like cocaine?

Peppering me with questions about an antidepressant - like cocaine?

Old 09-27-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Peppering me with questions about an antidepressant - like cocaine?

OMG, I just want to write this down so that I know that I am either going crazy or that it is true.

My ABF who is sober, going to meetings but has no sponsor and works no steps has an appointment with his psychiatrist next month to discuss an ADHD diagnosis and getting some medications to help with it.

I just started on this antidepressent. Haven't been on it a week and have never taken it before.

It feels like I am high on coke. Coke is his Drug of Choice.

Today he asked me - does it make you feel "horny" - coke does that. Does he want the med he can be prescribed to HELP him to make him feel like he is taking coke?

He has also asked "does it help you focus"? Focus is something he says cocaine does for him.

He has also asked, "does it make you feel energetic"...he likes the energy he gets from cocaine.

He hates the drop he gets.

I just took a my second one of these pills today and feel HIGH. I have never done coke before. Help. He is peppering me with questions about my experiences with this medication as it relates to the same things HE LOVES about coke.

I did some research on DRUGGIE website. Lots of ppl grind this pill up and SNORT it, or even INJECT it to get high. They describe the high in RELATION to how it feels to use COKE. What makes me think he isn't doing the same research..ONLY WITH ME AS HIS GOOGLE?

I swear to Jesus as my savior...I am either going crazy with paranoia or making myself nuts with thought process.

Friday's are always bad for us anyway. ME in particular b/c he will go out and score a baggie of coke to use over the weekend...at least that was his pattern last month.

Coincidence? Or Cunning manipulation?

As I sit here alone, in this antidepressent FOG HAZE - I wonder to myself..WTH am I DOING WITH THIS PERSON....

OMG. Crazy
Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Anti depressants can affect people differently. The anti depressant I used to take made me tired so I had to take it at night and I was on a very low dose. If you do not like the way you feel, you can ask your doctor for a different type of anti depressant although you have not been on it long enough. There are usually side affects for at least the first two weeks. As for your BF, can you just tell him you dont feel like discussing the side affects? It sounds like he is trying to compare the coke to your pills and maybe hoping you can both be high together. Hugs to you for what you are going through hello.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Antidepressants take 2 to 4 weeks before they can start to be effective......after 2 pills I am wondering if something else is going on. It takes time to feel the effects of these type of meds.

What is the name of the med that you are taking?
Old 09-28-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I took antidepressants a few years ago....they made me feel very weird for about two weeks. As though my mind and body were functioning separately. I was on them for a couple of years before making the HUGE mistake of going cold turkey (I don't recommend that). Those first two weeks were strange and surreal. I am quite "anti-medication" for myself at this point. I don't know of any antidepressant that would be viable to get "high" on but there are certainly some anti-anxiety meds that are regularly abused.

As far as your boyfriend wanting to know everything about the drug you're on and getting treatment for ADHD. I suppose that's beween him and his physician. I hope that he is honest with this dr about his use of street drugs.

Hard to say what's going on with your boyfriend. But if a relationship with a boyfriend was causing me so much grief that antidepressants are necessary.....I would certainly consider removing the source of grief from my life.....rather than medicating myself to endure it.

Time will reveal more.....it always does.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-28-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't tell him what it is making u feel like. Tell him it was temporary and now u feel normal but if u r feeling high u probably want to talk to your doctor.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would talk to the doctor about the high feeling, but in the meantime, hide the medication if you can, because who knows what will happen when he's in the house with it.

I take Adderall for my ADD, and because my sister is a recovering addict, I hide it. I have read about how it can be abused and I am very careful with it. I don't even allow pills to get lost on the floor.