Notices

My First Meeting Chair!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My First Meeting Chair!

I am not condoning any program. I tried them all. Some of you may know I just detoxed from alcohol. And after 4 days needed to get out of the coffin they call a bed and get on with life! I looked up a meeting tonight because I knew being home lonely, unproductive, is not getting me back on my horse. I needed to be out. I showed up a little early and noticed a couple were setting up (i usually go gym with) and ask if I wanted to "Chair" the meeting? In my mind I thought, "I just getting thru detox", but no one needs to know, I said YES! Rulz Shmulz in how long I been sober. My eyes grew big, she said i will be right next to you every step of the way. I took a leap of courage, this is all courage. I was told by many I should do it more often! And I will. What a great confidence booster it gave me calling on names and running the show. I so needed it.

I share this with you as a new comer. I took a chance and came out on top. I am home now and feel like for an hour tonight I made a difference. If I can do....so can you!!!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

great stuff Ryan

D
Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
They let you chair a meeting on a whim like that? Sounds like an interesting meeting hah!

At my home group, you can't chair until you have at least six months!

But seriously, Ryan. Good for you for putting yourself out there. Keep coming back!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ryan,
I'm so glad I read your post. I've been asked to be part of an H & I Panel this Saturday at a Rehab. I gave in to my fear the last time I was asked. I knew I was going this Saturday. But hearing how it made you feel, we'll, damn I can't wait. . Bobbi
Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's pretty cool, Mr Chairman. Be careful not to let all that power go to your head

Glad you enjoyed it dude
Old 09-24-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by digdug View Post
They let you chair a meeting on a whim like that? Sounds like an interesting meeting hah!

At my home group, you can't chair until you have at least six months!

But seriously, Ryan. Good for you for putting yourself out there. Keep coming back!
Dig, that's because you go to Alcoholics Anonymous where stumbled into Amateurs Anonymous....