Notices

New Here

Old 09-23-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

Hey everyone.

I'm new to this forum. Never thought I'd have to register with a sobriety website, but I need to try something new.

Until today, I made it over two months clean. That's the longest I've been clean since I started messing around with painkillers, which was about 3 years ago.

I was pretty confident that I had this problem taken care of. Then unexpected circumstances resulted in the presence of numerous bottles of pills in my house. I managed to fight the urge for a few weeks, but today I caved. I'm so tired of this. I wish I had never touched em.

I've given up so many excellent opportunities (including a nomination to a service academy) because I'm an unstable, yet somehow functional, drug addict.

Hopefully this forum will provide some much needed aid in my quest for long term sobriety.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've come to the right place for support and useful information. We are here to encourage you in your sober journey and to share our experience in hopes that it can help someone else.

Old 09-23-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

This is a good first step. Welcome.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Metallica....enter sandman! I was lucky enough to see them at the Apollo theater on Saturday night and remarked at how awesome they were ... then I remembered that THEY are sober and for the first time....I was sober for a Metallica show. Stick with this and be open to getting help (like James H. did)....stay clean and sober and know that "nothing else matters".
Old 09-23-2013, 07:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard Metallica

D
Old 09-23-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're so glad you joined us Metallica - you're no longer alone.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

\m/ (-_-) \m/ Metallica.......welcome. Wish I had more to say but its late. You will have fun here with us! Just commit to common sense of not drinking share your brutal stories no mater what, relate, have compassion and help let the new ones through the door for help like you. That's right, there is a great start for you! Hall monitor!!!!!!!! Welcome friend.