Notices

Monday is my new beginning...

Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday is my new beginning...

Hurt myself back in 2005 shoulder and back, got prescribed it all. Was on 30's for several years and in 09-12 it gradually got worse and more and more I would use. In 2011 I cut myself down and made an effort to stop. I was using over 15 30's a day back then. I went through the worst WD's, it took a good month to start to feel back to better. I drank a little more and would occasionally take a zanny to sleep. I went 9 months opiate free except I was boozing-smoking a lot more at night. When I say booze I got buzzed up nice, not so drunk I couldn't function. I was using it as a crutch. Well I eventually fell back into the 30's but my use was kept down.

About a year ago I was taking 10's no more then 6 a day to present day. I stopped the month in April 2012 and Dec 6 days and June another 5 days. Them times I stopped well in April I felt like a million bucks, I ate a lot, was at gym 4 days a week, was working 50-60 hours at a restaurant. I keep thinking back to how I felt and it was amazing.

As of now I have took three today and won't get more. Tomorrow I want to be the first day of the rest of my life. I have struggled for years and years but I also have known for a few years I need to make a change. After seeing what it did to me and realizing that's not me, I've had enough. I stopped going to doctor about a year ago where I was still being prescribed 30's and since went to tabs. I know I'm ready, I have a great idea what to expect, I want to make this change. I signed up for outpatient last week and had two appointment so far next one is Tuesday. Now starts being free of opiates.

I'm trying to find structure in my life, I'm trying to turn it around. I just got a gym membership and I plan on throwing myself into something I love work wise. I do IT work but last year stopped until I could get this completed. I'm hoping finding structure, getting a solid schedule, gym and studying will help me out a lot. I'm taking one day at a time.

I have also stopped talking to my drug acquaintances or so called friends. I realize I can't have people like that around me. It was worse when I was seeing doctor from 05-12. I have also moved to a new state where all my real friends are. I have a solid crew of people around me. I don't speak to them about it well details. If it wasn't for my one friend I wouldn't of started outpatient because I always think I can do it myself. I'll still smoke for another week or so and then I wanna stop that. I know it'll take time and I can't shock my body but I'm looking forward to having the anchor cut off of me.

Does anyone have any tips or stuff that worked for them regarding anything ? I know a lot of people get better. I'm not super worried about the WD's these next few days. When i stopped in April or them 5-6 days it was def way manageable. It's just a matter for me to make it through a few days first. I shouldn't get the restless legs, or shakes or cold sweats. I usually sweat from my palms for a few days. I also notice when I don't use I'm pretty much pain free. I've never been able to openly discuss any of this with people and I think it may help me.

I created this problem and I will solve it. I would like to be able to talk and understand how my body will change over next few days, weeks, months, years. I like reading success stories...

Any help-info is greatly appreciated. Thanks all for reading.... If any questions please let me know. I'm an open book...

Thank You
Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience with opiate withdrawal here, but I wanted to welcome you Timetostayclean

D
Old 09-22-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi - your making a great choice. I was an alcohol abuser so I don't think I can help much except that I know how addiction feels - I want to say well done for being brave enough to take this leap of faith in yourself but you are worthy of it.

Can I ask what 30s are though - I'm from the uk I don't know what they are....
Old 09-22-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank You

They are Oxycodone 30mg... I started out with tabs and after it was all Oxy's since like 2006-2012..30's are just short for that.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family. We have a special substance abuse forum where you may be interested in posting. Take a look.

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information