Notices

I enjoy it so much :-/

Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I enjoy it so much :-/

Last night, I smoked meth again. This makes the 6th time in a very short period of time that I have used methamphetamine. Currently I have been up for 67 hours and have only eaten 2 bowls of cereal and a few bottles of water. Last night I watched a man shoot up and contemplated doing it myself. I know it is a horrible road I am traveling.... I need some help now. I would really like to skype with someone and talk to a live person about this... Please
Old 09-21-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nathan

we don't do Skype here, but we do have a chat room if you want real time interaction
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/addonchat.php

D
Old 09-21-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Nathan, and welcome to SR.

You know you are on a very dangerous road now don't you? You recognise that you need help and that's a start. Don't slide down any more. I have no experience of drugs, but plenty of people here do.

If you need f2f support, would NA be an option for you?

Please keep posting. We understand and are on your side x
Old 09-21-2013, 11:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

@ Jeni26, I am afraid that if I am unable to get that F2F connection tonight I may not have the urge to do so until I use again. NA meetings are too far and inaccessible at the moment @ Dee74, I saw nothing saying Skype was not allowed between members in the policies on postings.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Nathan - I know AA have an online version, have you googled 'NA online'? Just a thought
I think what Dee meant was, that the forum doesn't have Skype integrated into it.

PS Don't forget to stay with us as well though
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nathan,

Welcome.

Meth is the most difficult drug to clean up from. The deeper you go the harder it will be. Right now it sounds like you are smoking it and relatively new to the experience. This is great news. Mainlining the drug will only make recovery that much more difficult.

My experience with meth is limited to Ritalin and Aderall but both were highly addictive and I only snorted them.

Check this website out since your going to be up for a while: LIFE OR METH INTRO - LIFE OR METH

Also, it appears f2f network called CMA (Crystal Meth Anonymous). I believe the 12 steps to recovery is very similar to AA and NA, which I am currently involved with now.

Further, there is a separate section on this site dedicated to drug use vs alcohol use. We welcome you in any forum but you might get more responses with people more familiar with crystal in that section.

Good luck and keep posting - try to be honest and don't worry nobody will judge here.
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Not sure skype was around when the rules were drafted

We encourage people to use our facilities and not go off board Nathan - it's just a safety thing.

If you're determined and you can find someone who wants to skype with you off board thats your business

D
Old 09-21-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to SR! You've come to a very supportive site. We are here to help you get clean and healthy. We care.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a problem with AA and NA due to the fact that i am an atheist. I do not believe in a higher power.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

and thank you all for the encouragment....
Old 09-21-2013, 11:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nathan I was an Atheist too. Most of us are when we start this process. However, NA, CMA, AA all suggest that the "higher power" is what you perceive. It can be mother nature or a mountain or the sea or stars, or God as your perceive him. Each program is agnostic to denomination the only requirement for admittance is a desire to stop the death sentence we impose on ourselves.

I find the "I don't believe in God" argument to be more of a weak cop out that limits ones desire to start recovery.

As an aside start watching Breaking Bad on AMC. Its one of the best shows out there and perhaps one of the honest perspectives of Meth addiction, manufacturing and dealing. Spoiler alert after 6 season it does not end well, nor will your addition if you don't get help.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I suggest you have problems that have little to do with AA or NA. AA has helped save my life and it never asked if I believe in god. Now, you can find meetings where that is not the case, just like you can find Christian or Jewish or Muslim dating sites. Avoid them. AA only suggests you recognize a power greater than yourself. If there isn't, I suggest you go out and make a butterfly. You will be rich and famous. On the other hand, it would appear that Meth is a power far greater than Nathan right now.

Saying you enjoy it so much is perhaps denial that it is way more powerful than you. 67 hours without sleep and two bowls of cereal? Enjoyable? Try selling that as a Caribbean Cruise.

Best to you,

Warren
Old 09-22-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

People in NA don't care if you are an atheist. At least they never cared that I am one.

They DO care that you have a drug problem and want to do something about it. If you can't get to a meeting, you can call the local NA answer line and someone there can talk to you or hook you up with someone to talk to (may not be immediate), or call a suicide hotline. YES, it's ok to do that, really. They might be able to talk you down and will be able to put you in touch with services. I've had to do it.

There is a substance abuse section on this board, scroll down a bit on the main page. You'll meet people there who have direct experience with what you are dealing with.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you doing Nathan? There are other options other than AA/NA but I see no harm in going to meetings to get that face to face support you need even if you don't use that method for your recovery. Please check out SMART recovery and Rational Recovery too x