Notices

Attention: Back To Recovery

Old 09-19-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Attention: Back To Recovery

Here is my story:

I decided to join this forum January 1 2013 to stay sober and seek recovery. That lasted for about 3 weeks when i thought to myself that i could enjoy one drink and not get drunk. Fast forward to a couple of weeks and i was back to my old ways.

Fast forward to now and im still drinking till i black out or cant even stand straight. During this year i lost my wallet, im late on bills and spend over $500 on drinks. The "im going to have a few drinks" does not work for me.

Last week my father turned 50 and i was so ashamed of my self. I could not stand straight and i had lot's of family here. I started drinking real early as i usually do on the weekends. Forcing myself to stay awake, my body just gave up leaving me wondering how i fell asleep. Next morning i wake up to a beer and knock back out as i already had too much alcohol in my system from the night before. Woke up at noon and continue drinking till midnight. I tried to go to sleep that night but couldn't. My heart was spacing, my body was sweating and shaking and i also woke up bleeding from my nose.

I told myself "that is the last straw". How can i continue to live like that. Something is wrong with me. Problem are always going to be there, and the liquor is just making it worst. I drink when im happy, sad, stressed, angry. Every emotion is an excuse for a drink but not no more. Today is my 4th day sober and i will continue to take it one day at a time.

I will no longer hang out with my alcoholic and drug addict friends. It's easier said than done and i do need a plan. Weekend is the hardest for me so i plan on going to the gym and cook for the weekend. My friends are right around the block from me and even them as alcoholics in denial, they tell me i need to slow down.

Any how, im back to recovery and this time for good.

Thanks for reading
Old 09-19-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I'm glad you're giving it another go.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Saved by Grace

Praying for strength and the power to overcome!

Dono
Old 09-19-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you're back GhostFace x
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can beat this ghostface x
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

GhostFace - good for you for coming back. I think you learned something valuable. I had to be brought to my knees to finally get it - I can't touch the stuff.

I drank just like you. I did it all my life. (I'm older than your dad!) I'm so glad to hear you say it's the end of the road for your drinking days. You do not need that poison in your life - you never have to endure the horrible consequences many of us have. Be proud of yourself for facing this - and please keep posting. You can do this.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Hope you are here to stay
Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys, my buddy just came with some beers and the temptations were strong but i just denied. The guy finished 3 beers in less than 5 minutes, i used to be the same way. Looking forward to a sober night
Old 09-19-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you, Ghostface! Great job!

Hang in there, buddy!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go, Ghostface, go! I am excited for you. You can do this. Keep posting and letting us know how you are doing.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good to see you back.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This post made me SO proud of you! I don't post often, but I read everyday. You WILL be around people that drink.. Just say no and take one day at a time! First week was rough for me( Don't think I'm a real alcoholic, but I'm a binge/problem drinker).. Weekend was always worse for me too. It WILL get worse! Remember that and Don't ever take that first drink again... Congrats to you and once again, proud of you for turning it down!
Old 09-19-2013, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I think it's amazing that you are 4 days sober and able to watch someone drink in front of you and turn it down!

You seem like a very strong, determined person. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you guys, I woke up today with no hangover and early to work. I work in the I.T field so it could be very stressful and i tend to take it out on the bottle but not anymore. Cant fix a negative with a negative. There are still bottles in my house from my father's party last week and I have not touched one.

My emotions were every where last night even feeling sensitive my little brother joking on me cause I suck at a video game lol. Any how Thursday thru Sunday are my hardest days. Im 5 days sober so far and I know I need to be mentally prepared for one of the toughest choices in my life, staying sober
Old 09-20-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

WELCOME BACK GHOSTFACE!! Proud of you and your new outlook!! Stay strong!!