Notices

25 days feeling stronger than ever

Old 09-19-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

25 days feeling stronger than ever

On day 25. I have been faced with several major tests and with each pass, my confidence grows.

Last night I had a major business dinner, a 14 course meal with wine. When the owner/chef came out to tell about the meal he asked about allergies. I said alcohol. In spite of some shock from colleagues and clients, I made it throh and the chef paired my courses with special fruit juice mixtures. At the end of dinner, I received a signed copy of my menu with fruit juice pairings, which I plan to frame.

This dinner was a major concern, more so than any club or bar. I feel strong.

I have been swimming daily and watching my body transform. I am now down 13 lbs and physique is starting to take on its natural athletic look.

I am on step 3 in my recovery and have begun meditation. I am working this into my yoga practice. Karma seems to exist as I have been fortunate with some recent successes.

I am speaking more openly about my issues at home and elsewhere. I have met a wonderful friend on SR and feel like I am growing into the father, husband, son...man I was meant to be.

Smokes are gone and on day 6 no urges.

For those in early stages, I struggled (I read my early posts to remind myself) - still struggle - but have put a support system in place coupled with a simple plan and from above you can see the benefits.

I head to Malaysia and hitting a meeting tonight to further ground me and remind me of my disease and addictions.

I feel empowered - thank you!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fantastic!

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
On day 25. I have been faced with several major tests and with each pass, my confidence grows.

Last night I had a major business dinner, a 14 course meal with wine. When the owner/chef came out to tell about the meal he asked about allergies. I said alcohol. In spite of some shock from colleagues and clients, I made it throh and the chef paired my courses with special fruit juice mixtures. At the end of dinner, I received a signed copy of my menu with fruit juice pairings, which I plan to frame.

This dinner was a major concern, more so than any club or bar. I feel strong.

I have been swimming daily and watching my body transform. I am now down 13 lbs and physique is starting to take on its natural athletic look.

I am on step 3 in my recovery and have begun meditation. I am working this into my yoga practice. Karma seems to exist as I have been fortunate with some recent successes.

I am speaking more openly about my issues at home and elsewhere. I have met a wonderful friend on SR and feel like I am growing into the father, husband, son...man I was meant to be.

Smokes are gone and on day 6 no urges.

For those in early stages, I struggled (I read my early posts to remind myself) - still struggle - but have put a support system in place coupled with a simple plan and from above you can see the benefits.

I head to Malaysia and hitting a meeting tonight to further ground me and remind me of my disease and addictions.

I feel empowered - thank you!
You've brought a smile to my face - I'm so happy for you and I don't have any clue who you are but major kudos on the action you've taken!

Keep on keepin' on! IF you keep doing the things you are doing today, you will never have to get high or drunk again if you don't want to. IF!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great update!!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOVE this post soooooo much
You're doing amazing! Don't stop now
Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep on keepin' on.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dude, you have grabbed it by the horns and are kicking ass! Very impressive! Just be prepared for occasional setbacks that can come out of the blue and catch you off guard, ie remain vigilant. Cheers and thanks for sharing. You make me want to do better.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Brilliant stuff! Keep it up!

I catch up with you tomorrow!..dang you will still be ahead of me..
Old 09-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mentium - we quit the same day, I am in Asia so I just calculated the days (I am a day ahead) - the number does not really matter anymore.

advbike - I hear ya - I know its not all roses. I take it a day at a time. I have called my sponsor many times. In fact, I had a tough moment in Germany earlier this week with the mini bar for no reason at all. Ended up pouring all the booze down the toilet after I opened and closed the MB 12 times. Cost me 170 euros but I did not drink.

My point with this post is that for me, I am being tested daily, hourly. Persevering through each test builds my confidence and readies me for adversity. That said, I still need to attend meetings so my disease does not trick me to thinking I am cured or further ahead of where I am at, which is often how my mind works.

Today is a good day and we will see what the rest of the day brings. On day 3 I never could have imagined where I am just 22 days later...it gets better and I am sure when I am at 6 months and 6 years and look back the same will hold true.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Um..I just checked my calendar and I have cheated myself out of a day..Doh! It is actually 25 days today!

As you say Jdooner - the number does not matter.

Keep it up!