Update - Leaving After Seven Years

Old 09-18-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update - Leaving After Seven Years

Hi All,

Just thought I would update everyone on my situation. I'm not a big poster on the forum, but here is the link to my short story:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...nt-future.html

Anyway, I officially ended our relationship a few weeks ago. It's weird, it was equally hard as it was empowering. I cried both tears of pain and tears of joy. I have never felt such strong opposing feelings simultaneously.

He told me he has stopped drinking and I offer him support. However, I no longer am emotionally invested in this "hobby". I no longer hold onto any little saying that might give hope to him changing. As a result, my stress levels have reduced greatly. Now, that's not to say that I'm not dealing with the aftermath of significant emotional/verbal abuse. But, that is an entirely different story.

Thank you to everyone who posts on these forums. These threads, comments and questions reach much farther than anyone would ever imagine.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeYourself1 View Post
Thank you to everyone who posts on these forums. These threads, comments and questions reach much farther than anyone would ever imagine.
BeYourself, so glad that you're moving ahead, however painful it is. As you surely know, it's short-term pain for long-term gain.

And I absolutely want to second what you said about the long reach of what is discussed here. It is a truly amazing resource.

Keep checking in to let us know how it's going--it's always so good to hear from those who have come out the other side of this.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!