Passing a drug test

Old 09-15-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Passing a drug test

Is there some trick out there that addicts can pass a urine test bought at cvs if they know you're going to test that day???
Old 09-15-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There's tons! I dont want to list all the ones I know because it could trigger so many bad things in codies and addicts alike.

Cynical one taught me this:

If you need to test then you already know.
How? Simple. Using looks like using. Recovery looks like recovery.

I know it sounds crazy. Its not. Addicts dont want anyone to know its that easy to know.
If it walks, quacks,swims, and flaps like a duck, then it sure as heck aint no chicken.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I agree with the wise words above...and Cynical one.

Also, I find drug testing in the home demeaning, to the tester and the tested both. As said before, if I felt the need for a drug test, the problem was already there, no matter what the result.

We don't need proof to know something is wrong. We don't need validation for our gut feelings, we just "know" when we "know" and all the denial in the world won't change that.

I will no longer live my life suspicious of those around me. I will never again sleep with my purse under my pillow. If I am unhappy or uncomfortable with anything in my life, I will change the circumstance or change me but no longer tolerate chaos.

Hugs
Old 09-15-2013, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im so glad i found this site. Really, I'm in tears. Finally, I feel I am not crazy. I am not a rabid animal on the hunt to prove anything anymore. It is time and I feel good and hopeful for the future.
Thank you so much.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Zebra....we all got here on different paths, but once I was here I know I was comforted to know I was not alone. It sounds like perhaps a short time event could be the beginning of something wonderful. Welcome!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you. I wish I found this site 3 years ago. He is pulling the "i cant believe you are bailing on me". I can make no sense of him buying Suboxone on the street taking it every day for the last two years, spending money we dont have. His addiction put us into financial disaster to the point of a potential forclosure. He is spending money behind my back when he could do it the right way? Money we dont have. We have insurance. He has a doctor?!!

Help me he is trying his best to convince me he did this for me to stay sober. Nothing else. He wanted to tell me but was afraid. Is this even logical?!
Old 09-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He has convinced himself that he is doing this to stay sober and manipulation means bringing you into the equation. He didn't buy drugs for you. He bought them because he is an addict. And an addict will twist and turn the facts until he can make an argument that makes you feel better.
I agree with other posters that drug testing is demeaning. However, I bought a drug test and kept it in my house. For a little while, he would not visit me when he was high because he knew the drug test was here. That was a temporary fix though because eventually there came a point when I asked him to take it. He said not to waste it and confessed to being on something, so I told him to leave.
Two weeks later, the guy smoked meth in my house and was sloppy enough to leave the foil and straws in my bathroom trash can. I didn't need a drug test for that. Duh, there it was in front of my face.
An addict will use until they don't want to use anymore. No drug test or threat will make then stop. If it was that easy, it wouldn't be called an addiction.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What he says isn't important. If he wanted to take this under his doctor's supervision and in prescribed amounts, that's one thing. Buying any drug on the street is "using" no matter what they say.

What is more important is how you feel about this, regardless of what he says. You don't need his approval to believe what you believe, you don't need his okay to take positive steps for yourself.

My son used to argue until he was blue in the face. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to stop quarreling and getting blue in the face myself, to stop trying to reason with insanity. When I stopped, so did he, and we both could make our own choices.

Sorry this is so hard for you, it usually is.

Hugs
Old 09-15-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Drug testing is b.s..... They will always find a way... My AH just joked to me about how low his use was on his court order HAIR FOLICAL test was! Seriously!! You are bragging to me about how low your use is on your court order test that I am using against you in court to get custody!!?? and according to my lawyers research that is the most accurate. he never ceases to amaze me.... And addicts will always find a way to get away... and pee test are the biggest joke! trust me!! I know a thousand ways that people pass those... just ask an addict!