Notices

I had a butt in my mouth!!!

Old 05-31-2004, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RE-member- DONT QUIT!

I had a butt in my mouth!!!

wow did I almost mess up this weekend! Happy to say though that i'm still doing this thing, smoke free for 19 days now (wow has it been that long). Anyway I went up to NH this weekend for the long weekend, 2 1/2 hour ride in the car. AGGGRRRR I was cool until about 2hrs in started getting real bad. Then never kinda went away. Strong cravings all weekend. I was just about to give in that was it I was smoking a cigarette, I had it in my mouth with the lighter in my hand when my son walked up to me and said "I thought you don't smoke cigarettes anymore?" Moment of clarity WOW. Just glad the story has a happy ending, I couldnt imagine what the ride home would have been like if I had that 1. Glad to see all my old and new un-smoking friends here. Hang tough folks, we dont need lung cancer. That's right say it with me now "I don't need lung cancer" 's to all

mike
Old 05-31-2004, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I DONT NEED LUNG CANCER! your rocking on mike! your an inspiration!
Old 06-01-2004, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your doin fine Mike. I remember having the cravings so bad one time that I acually stopped at a convenience store to buy a pack. The line was one of those lines that just never seems to move. After about 5 minutes I got tired of waiting and just walked out, without a cigarette. That has been the closest I've come since I quit. Maybe my hp had something to do with it, maybe yours did too.

Some things I try to remember about not smoking:

You'll be healthier
You'll save money
Your family will be proud of you
Your clothes wont stink
You wont be an outcast from society anymore
Old 06-01-2004, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dan

Close call man...
Thank our children. There's many a day that the only thing between me and a smoke is my kids.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go Mike! I think if I got that close, I wouldn't be as strong as you...I would've lit the dumb thing! That's why I'm safer here in my box

Thank HP for the kids...if it weren't for the guilt that I'd feel failing my kids (they're quite proud of mom and have boasted to EVERYONE that I quit), I might not be part of the Unsmoking Bandwagon right now.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I must say guys, that when I first noticed the title of this thread, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it....... but if it stops you smoking, hell, why not try it.!!

But after reading the whole post, I now understand what you meant, good for you Mike. Nice one. Well done mate.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by JaySee
I must say guys, that when I first noticed the title of this thread, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it....... but if it stops you smoking, hell, why not try it.!!

But after reading the whole post, I now understand what you meant, good for you Mike. Nice one. Well done mate.
hahahaha
Yes word usage cross the pond can be a bit different.
Though a butt can be a backside...it is often used to replace the word ciggarette.
I believe on your side of the pond they were or are called fags?
here in the states, that would mean a whole different thing as well.
You speak English, we speak American hahahaha
Old 06-02-2004, 04:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Dan

Best