Notices

Need Help/ So Sick

Old 09-08-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need Help/ So Sick

I have been taking 10 mgs of lortab once a day for a couple months. I have been backing off of it slowly but I am experiencing severe withdraw....sweats, chills, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain,...etc. I am also taking 1.5 mg of kolonopin and 100 mg of Seroquel and 10 mg of ambien. I know this is a bad cocktail but I did not experience the withdraw until I started backing off the lortab. I did not think withdraw was even possible with taking just one lortab a day. I am so sick and want to get off this train. But finding it excruciating trying to just get off the lortab. I was wondering if Suboxon would help me with the withdraw without getting me hooked on the suboxon. Anyone have experience using suboxon to get off opiates and then be able to get off the suboxon. Please help! I want my life back!
Old 09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Jen...I used and abused Ambien and Klonopin. I detoxed in rehab and was put on low dose of Seroquel for sleep. These are serious medications with serious side effects. I would strongly encourage you to see medical attention as soon as you can. Detoxing off of benzos is one of the two most serious withdrawals in medicine and should have a doctor involved.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jaynie..thanks, I know I'm in trouble. I was hoping to handle this privately without family or ex-husband finding out. Don't want to lose total custody of our son. Maybe I can muster up the courage to talk to a doctor about this for help.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Jen, doctors have to uphold HIPA which ensures your privacy. I have found most people in the medical field are extremely supportive of people suffering with addiction who are trying to get clean. Your son deserves a healthy mother, please take care of yourself.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We can't give medical advice here so can't tell you whether you should go on suboxone. I strongly suggest you talk to your doctor about it, and about all the meds you are taking.

I hope you can get thru this and stay clean.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi there,

I'm sorry you're having trouble but I sincerely think it's something else that is making you sick. There is no way you could be having that severe of withdrawals from just taking 1 loratab a day. I've taken those for many years and methadone as well.

Getting on suboxone would be overkill. I would definitely see your doctor, maybe it's from the combination of things you're taking.

1loratab a day, in my opinion, is really a very, very small amount, nothing that could make you so sick. I don't really know much about seroquil.

Take care and welcome!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking the same thing. But maybe because I am essentially making a prescription cocktail that the backing off the LORAb that this has made withrawal worse. Not so much the dose but the change in the pills interacting with each other. I'm going to continue backing off the dose but if I don't' feel better, I will have to see my doctor.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like the smart choice to me.

Id almost bet it's the combo of everything your taking.

I take ambien also and I've found that a half dose works just as good, maybe better than a whole one.

I'm also taking suboxone to deal with paws and cravings and its a pretty serious medication. Some thing i wouldn't use if its only been 1 loratab a day and only for a couple months. It's too strong

Keep us posted.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The doctors will protect your privacy- they can't share details with anyone. Better to consider this; what if you OD and someone has to notify your child that you're dead? So many people avoid getting help because they fear the financial or legal consequences. But nothing is more expensive than death.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You couldn't be more right about that! This is exactly why I'm trying to get off this terrible train I'm on.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Marcher

Jenna, I went to my doctor for help. You are now not as far into this addiction as you will be next month, and the next,.... I let it go on for many years. You are smart to seek help now. Very smart!
Oh, and welcome!