Notices

Energy and Sobriety

Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Energy and Sobriety

Good morning everyone!

It feels so good to be here and be sober. I have so much more energy and drive when I am not drinking or suffering from a hangover. It is amazing what you can accomplish sober when compared to drinking! What are you doing because of your sobriety?
Old 09-07-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Isn't it wonderful! I'm so thankful I'm not feeling sick and shameful today. The whole day is before me. I have a big smile on my face and more importantly my soul is calm instead of tortured. Life feels good!
Old 09-07-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe I'm the odd one out but I seem to really be struggling to get up and go do anything lol I feel better physically sober and I guess mentally too but I cannot get motivated seriously lol compared to my productivity as an alcoholic - I am on level 2 compared to level 10 when I was drunk.

Not sure what its about but there's probably a reason.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Me too 13.

For the first 3.5 weeks I ran around like someone had a firecracker up my pertoosie.

Now I'm just, meh.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since March 21, 2013

I'm at 171 days and whatever I do I feel so much better doing it.

The depression and anxiety is fading.

Some days I'm motivated, some days I'm not.

When I'm motivated I get a lot done.

When I'm not motivated I rest better than I have in years.

To me it all seems to be part of the healing process from decades of alcohol abuse.

Wish I had listened to myself 20 years ago.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Maybe that's what it is - healing lol feels crap whatever it is!

I hate this forcing myself to do things feeling cos I'm not generally lazy and I want things done but can't do it lol
Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

AO & 13...I am struggling with "meh-ness" too. I had a 4 day window of amazing energy 2 weeks ago and am still trying to figure out what I did differently. I feel guilty complaining because I have only had 2 really bad days of cravings....so far.

I am so used to morphing my reality with chemicals when I would feel this way. I keep imaging my little brain waiting for the little wheelbarrow of booze to get the engine revved up. Only no little wheelbarrow is showing up brain.....sorry.

So I am trying not to freak about my meh-ness. The other day I jumped around and just yelled out "blah blah blah" to try to shake it out of my system. Note: didn't work, save your energy (and your dignity).
Old 09-07-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have plans to start working out (CrossFit) and eating as healthy as possible. Also relearning all of the physics and engineering I forgot or didn't care about from my college years because I was too worried about catching a buzz (somehow I managed to graduate). That's going to help me immensely at work.

I'm only on day 2 though, so I'm mostly taking it easy this weekend. Working out starts next weekend.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

I was so low yesterday and the day before I thought, in earnest, I was having some sort of psychotic break or that I has some terminal disease and I was done for.

You know what I did ? I rested. I took time off, shut off the phone, and rested. I didn't pump myself full of coffee, or take anything for the uncomfortableness in my body. Not even a Tylenol (and I had cramps from hell). I ate greens, fruit, lemon water and hormone free lean beef. I slept. I wept. I ached. I panicked. I shook and wretched from fear and pure exhaustion. I reached out to those I know have my back, and told them the truth. I simply could not function in a normal manner.

And then, just like that, it lifts.

Be well.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Maybe I'm the odd one out but I seem to really be struggling to get up and go do anything lol I feel better physically sober and I guess mentally too but I cannot get motivated seriously lol compared to my productivity as an alcoholic - I am on level 2 compared to level 10 when I was drunk.

Not sure what its about but there's probably a reason.
That was exactly my experience too. Mine lasted a while though and I think some of it was depression and some of it was from a thyroid problem too which seemed to just have bad timing. Maybe a trip to the doctor would be a good idea if you keep feeling this way. Sometimes we can be deficient in some vitamins too.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
AO & 13...I am struggling with "meh-ness" too. I had a 4 day window of amazing energy 2 weeks ago and am still trying to figure out what I did differently. I feel guilty complaining because I have only had 2 really bad days of cravings....so far.

I am so used to morphing my reality with chemicals when I would feel this way. I keep imaging my little brain waiting for the little wheelbarrow of booze to get the engine revved up. Only no little wheelbarrow is showing up brain.....sorry.

So I am trying not to freak about my meh-ness. The other day I jumped around and just yelled out "blah blah blah" to try to shake it out of my system. Note: didn't work, save your energy (and your dignity).
Lol ok I will save my dignity - just for once I'm glad someone done the stupid thing before me haha! I understand what your saying - I think my body and brains waiting on the exaggerated adrenaline that comes with a hangover and its not showing up so my body and brain are a bit like 'what the effff?' Lol