Notices

1 month today

Old 09-03-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 month today

Hi all,

Hit the one-month mark today. I haven't been posting much but I've been lurking a lot reading about everyone's progress. Thanks for the overt and implicit support during the last month. I'll keep coming back for more.

In case anyone's interested, I haven't attended any meetings or done anything extra to facilitate sobriety. It's been all willpower. Day 18 or so was a bit rough, but things have smoothed since. So, for anyone wondering if it is possible to quit out of sheer determination, here's a modicum of proof for that premise.

The last month has been great. Played a few gigs, did plenty of sports stuff with buddies and stayed dry the whole time. It's nice to unlock that self-sufficiency we all had as kids to enjoy things because they're fun--not because we're drunk.

Thanks and continued luck, see you back intermittently and certainly at month 2, 3, 4 and beyond
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

Thatīs so great to hear, one month! I just started all over and was wondering if this is doable without meetings et c, and then I read your post and see that it is.
Great work!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TucTee View Post
It's nice to unlock that self-sufficiency we all had as kids to enjoy things because they're fun--not because we're drunk.
Congratulations TucTee! I love this quote by the way!! So true!
Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Victoria74 View Post
Hi,

Thatīs so great to hear, one month! I just started all over and was wondering if this is doable without meetings et c, and then I read your post and see that it is.
Great work!
Thanks. I recommend having the right people around you to accomplish sobriety without extra support (basically, this forum is my extra support). What I did have to do is re-orient my mindset such that doing what I did before would not lead to drinking. Along the way, several acquaintances became ex-acquaintances. That's the key: surround yourself with good, understanding people.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done TucTee, that's no mean feat you've achieved. That's some strength you have there to be able to seek out new friends and acquaintances in your journey and to leave others become ex's, I think that you give good advice. x