RAH coming home form rehab in 10 days

Old 09-02-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

RAH coming home form rehab in 10 days

There has been a small turn of events with my AH in rehab. He actually started owning up to his s**t and became somewhat humble (after I and his therapist kicked the emotional crap out of him, and me in the process). Needless to say I am just slightly encouraged that things eventually will work out when he comes home.

I went and flew out to see him for visiting hours last week (a bit decadent spending 1000$ on airfare for a 2 hour visit) and he was humble, insightful, gracious, and talkative about the future. This is encouraging since this is the man I love, and I haven't seen him like this for 8 years. He has shut me out and shut me down for so long I didn't think I would ever see this out of him.

Now fingers crossed that it lasts (with the obligatory bumps in the road of course).
Old 09-02-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to be cautiously optimistic. When my BF first came home from treatment it was tougher that I expected. Really tough. It's been 9 months, and we're good, but it wasn't easy.

Respect his recovery, and stay out of it. Continue to work on your own recovery. I wish you both the very very best.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Sounds Good to Me.

When something is good, one does not have to look for bad.

When Mrs. Hammer came back from rehab, she was nearly a drooling animal. So good for you.