Struggling

Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

So my husband only has about 4 weeks left of his 90 day rehab stay. He now has access to his phone, car and has been getting to come for visits some. I don't really know what I expected when he got these privileges. I thought he would call/text more than he does. He spends a lot of time watching movies with his new rehab friends and I hate to admit that I get jealous. We talk less now that he is in sober living and has full phone access then when he was inpatient and only got 2 ten minute phone calls a day. He got to come home this weekend for a visit and spent half the time he was here shut up in the bedroom doing his fantasy football draft. I told him I was upset. That I feel like he's not making an effort to stay connected to me. He just kinda blows me off. I had moved out a couple months before he went into rehab because our marriage was crumbling. I didn't know about his addiction until three days before he went to rehab so that was a huge shock. Since he's been there though we've worked on our marriage a lot and I've moved back into our house with our daughter. I guess I'm just wanting him to make an effort. The thirty days he was inpatient he wrote me letters and called and was petrified I would leave for good. Now that he's in sober living he's kind of changed. I don't know if that's normal or not. I'm trying really hard to focus on myself and not let his actions have so much of an impact on my feelings or obsess over these thoughts. It's very hard to do when my life is it such a crossroads. I want my family to be together but I know if things don't change that won't be an option. I missed my al anon meeting this week because the rehab had a family day and I wanted to take my daughter. I think that might be why I'm feeling so lost. I didn't get my weekly reality check.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Give it time while he finishes his program and adjusts to the real world again through sober eyes.

Sometimes the damage cannot be repaired in a relationship, other times it takes work to bring it together again. Maybe plan some family counseling for when he gets out, it might do the both of you the world of good.

Hugs