Notices

Shakes and have to work tomorrow

Old 08-27-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shakes and have to work tomorrow

Hi. I am some what new here. Tried quitting lots of times. This time I have the shakes really bad and have to work tomorrow. What can I do to get me through tomorrow with out the shakes? Can I take something? My job involves my hands and are very noticable.
Thanks
Old 08-27-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Can you see your doctor? That is probably the best thing to do. I was lucky that I was off work at the time so I could shake all I wanted to so to speak!

Are you sleeping okay?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nope can't see Doc. Maybe if I take a muscle relaxer that will help?
Old 08-27-2013, 03:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't know about the shakes but I sure wouldn't take a muscle relaxer and go to work.
Maybe you won't have them tomorrow. That's a whole day away.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with the others - if you worried enough to consider taking meds, go see a Dr instead.

Shakes are part of many peoples withdrawal, and there's nothing much you can do about them....but if they're really bad you should see a Dr anyway.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember shaking so bad I couldn't even write - that's withdrawals cold turkey for ya. Personally speaking the best thing I did was see a doc - stopping drinking suddenly can be very dangerous - without trying to scare you but I think you should be aware. When I planned to stop drinking I couldn't get an appointment straight away and I was advised to half my normal consumption of alcohol until I could see my doc.

If you've been a heavy drinker for a long time it's really not advisable to go cold turkey - and especially not on your own.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Well, my plan is to drink sports drinks with all the vits and sugars that athletes take for dehydration. I used to be addicted to sports, so found ways to combat cramps/trembles caused by dehydration and/or sugar level spike. Later, after substituting alcohol for exercise, I found it useful for hangover purposes also and I guess, withdrawal is the ultimate hangover. I'm kinda doc shy also, which is why I try find my own methods but I have succumb to the docs of late cos of the advice on these forums. Best of luck
Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
stopping drinking suddenly can be very dangerous - without trying to scare you but I think you should be aware.
Such a good point. When I quit drinking I didn't realize how dangerous it could be until I saw a nurse at daytox.

I was lucky that nothing bad happened to me when I quit.