Notices

crippling anxiety

Old 08-18-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

crippling anxiety

I have 13 months clean in 4 days. All for the most part was going according to plan until around April. Since then I have been working very sporadically, going to the gym very sporadically. it really got out of control in June and early july.
I went to the doctor at the beginning of the month and got a physical. Besides a tad bit high blood pressure, I'm' fine physically.

AT first I had 2 issues, I couldn't lseep and I couldn't work. "The doctor put me on Trazadone and it has for the most part solved the sleep issue. I am able to get a good nights rest.

But I have not been able to work since Thursday. I slept very good last night, about 9 hours of sleep. and I get up and I try to work on a project and it's like this wave of exhaustion / this mental berlin wall just comes up and i can't do anything. I don't have the energy to go to the gym, to cook good food, to do anything but sit around and watch TV

this is stressing me the hell out i need to make some money. I just want to work and start to climb out of my hole and i can't

i don't know what it is parasitically that's casing the issue. I'm pretty sure it's not health or diet related i eat cleaner than probably 90% of the country. Hardly any caffeine \

help me lol
Old 08-18-2013, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My guess would be PAWS but that seems like a long time if it has been happening since April.

Are you opposed to seeing a therapist for some cognitive behaviour therapy to deal with your anxiety? Maybe some accupuncture/massage/meditation? Those are techniques I'm trying. Maybe the trazadone is causing lethargy?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

not at all.

I get a massage weekly, or there about. Went Friday actually.

Actually went to see a chriopractor friday a well

i'm going to cut the trazadone out a few days and see what happens, but i'm afraid then i won't be able to sleep but we will see.

i know part of the reason for the lseep is trying to force myself to go to bed before i was actually sleepy. i feel like if i'm not in bed by 10:30 i'm failing and i won't be able to have a good day but i'm not really tired yet at least tired enough to sleep 8 hours straight
Old 08-18-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So your natural sleep cycle wants to be like 12-8 instead of earlier. Maybe try some Sleepytime Tea. I think it is like chamomile. I have to get at least 7-10 hours of sleep or I feel terrible. I use melatonin sporadically but if you haven't tried the tea yet, you could give it a try. Also, I spray lavendar oil on my sheets and pillow (just a little goes a long way). It is supposed to be calming.