Notices

Day 3 didn't go so well …

Old 08-18-2013, 07:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday we had out of town relatives visit and spend the night. My brother and his wife came over too to visit. I thought that I was prepared to see them drink their bourbon and waters and not be tempted. Well, I didn't drink with them through the afternoon, but later on in the evening I went to the back bedroom to post photos from the visit on Facebook. And all of a sudden I think, you know, a glass of wine would be good just to unwind as I worked on the computer. Well, that glass of wine evolved into 2 bottles before the night was through.

I had to sleep on the couch because of our guests taking my room, so here I am - it's 7 am, everyone's still asleep, but I've been awake for hours, feeling kind of crappy, kicking myself in the head for totally blowing it last night. I don't think that I made an ass out of my self ( but I do come out my shell a bit and talk more so I'm sure they knew that I was drinking). Never the less, I feel pretty bad that I let myself down on my commitment to sobriety so soon, on just day 3! I was feeling so positive and I knew that my body was beginning to heal, but I screwed up and feel pretty down. But I'm just as committed to start anew today, August 18th, 2013 (my brother's birthday). I feel a little better just by sharing this with everyone. Thank God SR is here to help!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, that happened to me, too. I went to a neighborhood party early on in recovery and didn't drink. But, I felt like a caged animal. And, the next morning, first thing, I was out buying a bottle of wine.

It might be a good idea to stay away from people drinking alcohol for awhile.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been here visiting my parents for the last 6 months and will be going back home in 10 days. I'm hoping that it might be easier to stay clean there. Hope so.