Notices

what a change

Old 08-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what a change

well almost 2 months clean again and this time there is something that is clicking,,,i surrended first of all then i started to really work a program,and that program i choose to work is strait outta the big book,,,days arnt perfect by any means but they better than they use be,,,,trust god ,clean house,and help others,,today i try to do right in all my affairs,,and for that things are good,,ty for the ones that carry the message,,,if no one has said they love ya,,i do,,take care,,peace
Old 08-17-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lajay1313 View Post
well almost 2 months clean again and this time there is something that is clicking,,,i surrended first of all then i started to really work a program,and that program i choose to work is strait outta the big book,,,days arnt perfect by any means but they better than they use be,,,,trust god ,clean house,and help others,,today i try to do right in all my affairs,,and for that things are good,,ty for the ones that carry the message,,,if no one has said they love ya,,i do,,take care,,peace
You know. With the exception of my addiction I try to run my life according to that book. And I am not just blowing smoke. I really do. I do the right thing in every situation almost to a flaw. Maybe that is why this addiction continues to baffle and eat at me.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mkintexas View Post
You know. With the exception of my addiction I try to run my life according to that book. And I am not just blowing smoke. I really do. I do the right thing in every situation almost to a flaw. Maybe that is why this addiction continues to baffle and eat at me.
I thought the poster meant the big book like AA. But bible might make more sense
Old 08-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lol, I wasn't really sure which one he meant either! Thank you for clarefying fancy!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Clean, I'm still not sure 12 years of Catholic school and I'm not really familiar with either one.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go lajay

D
Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Since I have been to many a meeting in my day I will save the suspense and tell you the Big Book in this case is the book of Alcoholics Anonymous. Trust god, clean house, and help others is a prescription that Dr. Bob wrote I believe. Either way not a bad way to go through life. It is not for everyone, but I will say this I have seen it help many. Good for you LayJay! So glad you found something that works for you. It is amazing once you can get some positive momentum going things can change quickly. Ride it out my friend - Ride it out!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe MK meant that Big Book.

I had to go to the 3 day DUI class in my younger years I payed absolutely no attention and lied about everything. I did enjoy the movie about Dr Bob and we had a speaker for my group from NA that was very inspiring. You would have thought that would have taught me something
Old 08-17-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fancyfee View Post
Maybe MK meant that Big Book.

I had to go to the 3 day DUI class in my younger years I payed absolutely no attention and lied about everything. I did enjoy the movie about Dr Bob and we had a speaker for my group from NA that was very inspiring. You would have thought that would have taught me something
Doesn't matter how you do it. Just Do It!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That is awesome to hear, thanks for sharing. I am working on doing that as well, baby steps here. I am starting over again with 10 days today...and everyday gets a little bit better. I think it is important that with every situation now I stay on my toes, after I cleaned up a while ago and was doing good, I got to comfortable...not this time.