Notices

Reconnected with Brother

Old 08-16-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reconnected with Brother

So my brother has been talking to me on the phone about his problems with alcohol. He is much older than me, and I never got close to him. He is actually my half brother. But he lives close to me and he said to go to AA, work the steps, and get a sponsor. He only has 2 months but it helps me to know he has the same problems as me, and he said I can call him anytime if I need anything. So I am going to a meeting at 7 after I get dinner. I am back on day one today, but I am ready to do whatever I have to do this time, so I am going to work the steps and get a sponsor and stay on SR. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

I also just finished teaching my first week of classes and I think it went well. Teaching is therapeutic for me, and I really enjoy helping others. I hate that I drank again last night but I know I have to do more to stay sober. I love everyone on this website.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Acheleus, FANTASTIC. I hope it goes well with you and your brother.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep strong. It's great that you're going to a meeting and working hard to stay sober. Don't beat yourself up about drinking last night. The key is you've quickly gotten back on the wagon.