Notices

Back at day 1: feel wiser though!

Old 08-15-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at day 1: feel wiser though!

I caved yesterday tea time and had a gin and tonic, well 4 and a bottle of wine. I just cannot have one, same old story. Felt dreadful all day. Don't know if it was because I had 4 clean days but I was violently sick all morning. I have never really suffered from this in 15 years. In a way it's like my body is trying to eject all the poison and telling me, "hey, I was enjoying the way I felt and I am not putting up with this anymore" .

Well, I am going to count it as day 1 again and get back on the wagon. I suppose 4 sober days is better than 0!! Valuable lesson learnt.
Becky
Old 08-15-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

HI Becky -

Yep. The body starts to REALLY enjoy and appreciate not being systematically poisoned. And tends to give a swift kick when we attempt to go back to our old ways

Technically it's called "kindling". Lately, I just call it my reminder.

Blessings and be well strong one !
Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I did something similar when I first quit and drank after a week sober. I felt so sick and in a way it consolidated what I was doing. Glad you're back on track x
Old 08-15-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back on the wagon. You will gain strength and find it easier this time =]
Old 08-15-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Becky - it's good you stopped after that slip. (Knowing me I'd have been gone for a few months.) As you said, you've learned something important - and that knowledge will serve you well. You can do this.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Becky..I don't know why I sort of tilted my head when I read you drank at tea time. Seriously...in my head, I thought..well, WTF..it was "tea time" for heaven's sake. Why didn't she have tea at effin' tea time. Sorry.I'm in a pretty odd head space today.

Welcome to the first day of sober life. For me that's what it comes down to. Do I want a sober life or a drunk one? I'm pretty familiar with the latter. I think I have enough evidence to support the idea that a sober life likely has way more to offer.