In An Instant...

Old 08-15-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool In An Instant...

In an instant

In an instant, you can go from discouraged to joyful. In an instant, you can change from lazy to ambitious.

In the blink of an eye, your whole outlook on life can profoundly improve. In one small moment, disappointment can be transformed into positive resolve and commitment.

When you are ready to change, and willing to change for the better, you can do it just like that. Are you ready?

In an instant, you can improve your attitude. And that change of attitude will affect your whole world.

A moment ago, you may have been discouraged, or resentful, or frustrated, or miserable. Now, you can be whatever way you choose to be.

Choose now to be positive, productive, effective, ambitious, and filled with enthusiasm for all the great things life has to offer. Feel the power of this positive instant, and keep it going strong.

— Ralph Marston
Old 08-15-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This reading connected with me today because I need to brush up my attitude and get some things done that I have been putting off.

In an instant, I can become a productive active person who acccomplishes what she sets out to do.

I shall reward myself at the end of the day with a walk along the shore.

How about you? What will you change today, in an instant, to make your life better??
Old 08-15-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for your very inspiring post. At the moment I feel very inspired and I hope that holds off but sooner or later that grating fear feeling will creep back in and I will question every single action I take. Should I have asked him to move out? Couldn't I have just put up with it for one more month? It wasn't really hurting me that badly.
Then I wake up and realize that "normal" couples do not deal with this rubbish.

Keep positive and smile.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Crazycoda, it's hard to be positive when your whole world is upside down right now.

When my days were darker and filled with fear what helped me was to give it a time limit..."I will allow myself to worry and fret and cry and feel my pain...for half an hour. Then I will read something uplifting or go for a walk or listen to happy music or dance with my children or...."

Having a plan helped me allow myself my sad time with a plan to recharge my light when it was over. Sometimes I did this many times a day, but it helped me from getting "stuck" in sadness or obsession.

Again...in an instant you can put down the sad and pick up the glad and keep going.

And...just to be accountable...I finished my list for "indoors" and am heading out to run some errands. In an instant I went from "world's worst procrastinator" to "a woman on a mission" and just look at me gooooo!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's good you know, thank you I will try it.